Science Forums

Double Slit Experiment

Abstruce

Still, I can't help but feel something is lost in the translation when it comes to the single photon/electron interference patterns.
The feeling of something wrong around quantum effects such as this is a sign of understanding them correctly. Our everyday experience, so useful for everyday skills like crossing the street, give us an intuitive feeling of wrongness about very small scale phenomena.

The feeling of something wrong around quantum effects such as this is a sign of understanding them correctly. Our everyday experience, so useful for everyday skills like crossing the street, give us an intuitive feeling of wrongness about very small scale phenomena.

I don't believe there is anyone who understands the precise reason for this accurately. I don't believe it is due to probability waves. There is an illusionary component that we have yet to figure out.

Is it possible the energy of the photons "splashes" when it hits the film in such a way that the combined effects create an interference pattern? Or... is it possible that these "splashes" energize the film in such a way as to cause a pattern of 'magnetic' resistant areas (similar to opposite ends of a magnet rejecting each other, or electrons spacing themselves at equal distances?)

It's an interesting thought. I guess anything's possible considering one photon manages to interfere with itself... but is only noticable after a collection of screen hits are graphed together. Can you eloborate on your thought? If nothing else, it may help us beyond the current impasse.

I don't believe there is anyone who understands the precise reason for this accurately. I don't believe it is due to probability waves. There is an illusionary component that we have yet to figure out.

Very Good, what we have to understand is what some call either, basically it is the sea of energy all around us. We do not sense it because it is everywhere even in space. It is the substance of space itself.

The answer to duality and probability in this experiment is simple.

If you throw a rock into a pond of water you have duality. You have mass in motion and you have a wave pattern. Depending on the location of your measurement you will sense one or the other or in special cases both. Move the location of the measurement change the results of the experiment. Any questions?

Very Good, what we have to understand is what some call either, basically it is the sea of energy all around us. We do not sense it because it is everywhere even in space. It is the substance of space itself.

Sorry. Try again. The Ether was pretty much ruled out as an option after multiple experiments were conducted indicating it was not there.

http://www.launc.tased.edu.au/online/sciences/physics/MICH.HTM

Sorry. Try again. The Ether was pretty much ruled out as an option after multiple experiments were conducted indicating it was not there.

http://www.launc.tased.edu.au/online/sciences/physics/MICH.HTM

Physicists refused to be put off the ether. Lorentz proposed that ether passing though a material actually changed the length of the material to make the ether not appear to exist. His theory led to a series of equations known to this day as the Lorentz equations.

Einstein arrived at the same equations by a totally different route.

(Poincare may well have arrived correctly at Einstein's theory before Einstein!)

The Grand unification theory predicts a non-zero cosmological constant from the energy of vacuum fluctuations. Examining normal physical processes with knowledge of these field phenomena can lead to an interesting insight in electrodynamics. During discussions of perpetual motion, the topic of vacuum energy usually encourages serious inquiries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy

Background spatial energy is a reality, call it Ether or whatever you want.

Here is the proof.

http://www.rexresearch.com/moray2/morayrer.htm

His experiments were verified to be true and accurate.

Abstruce -

You should cite what you copy/paste, as this paragraph:

Physicists refused to be put off the ether. Lorentz proposed that ether passing though a material actually changed the length of the material to make the ether not appear to exist. His theory led to a series of equations known to this day as the Lorentz equations.

(Poincare may well have arrived correctly at Einstein's theory before Einstein!)

...is from the link I provided.

And this:

The Grand unification theory predicts a non-zero cosmological constant from the energy of vacuum fluctuations. Examining normal physical processes with knowledge of these field phenomena can lead to an interesting insight in electrodynamics. During discussions of perpetual motion, the topic of vacuum energy usually encourages serious inquiries.

...from the wiki article on VE you attached.

Here is the proof.

Moray's "Radiant Energy," while cool, accurate, and verified, is not an ocean in which the universe floats (or whatever). It's more like the same concept that Tesla found at the beginning of the 20th century, which is organized as a way to exploit incoming "Cosmic Rays."

This is not a continuous medium, but more particles coming at us from X-ray and gamma ray sources, some from outside the galaxy, some from inside the galaxy. Not like the concept of ether...

Either way, this doesn't have anything to do with single photon interference (from what I can see). How does a single photon fired through a slit, and the process repeated, organize to form an interference pattern?

The answer to duality and probability in this experiment is simple.

If you throw a rock into a pond of water you have duality. You have mass in motion and you have a wave pattern. Depending on the location of your measurement you will sense one or the other or in special cases both. Move the location of the measurement change the results of the experiment. Any questions?[/Quote]

But in a pond you do not have two slits, so I'm unclear as to the relevance of the comparisons. I do believe you have a point if you can further clarify this.

Here is the proof.

http://www.rexresearch.com/moray2/morayrer.htm

The ether may very well exist and should not be considered to have been ruled out quite yet. My theory allows for a identifiable solution as to what this ether may be. It has already crossed my mind as to whether this could be the reason for the phenomena described by the single photon and single electron interference patterns, but I have not quite invisioned how yet. I didn't want to mention the ether possibility becuase I know it will be dismissed immediately until I explain it, and that is fine for now.

Call it ether or whatever... show me evidence which is repeatable, and I'm down. How exactly would this cause the specific interference patterns we observe though? Does the (for lack of a better word) "energy ocean" have these patterns embedded somehow? Even if it existed, it doesn't seem robust enough to explain the phenomenon.

Abstruce -

You should cite what you copy/paste, as this paragraph:

...is from the link I provided.

And this:

...from the wiki article on VE you attached.

InfiniteNow

Yes I agree and I do apologize. I will be more careful and less lazy in the future.

I pasted that quote from what you had referenced to show that the ether was not proven to not exist, it was said that it appeared to not exist. there is a difference.

Moray's "Radiant Energy," while cool, accurate, and verified, is not an ocean in which the universe floats (or whatever). It's more like the same concept that Tesla found at the beginning of the 20th century, which is organized as a way to exploit incoming "Cosmic Rays."

This is not a continuous medium, but more particles coming at us from X-ray and gamma ray sources, some from outside the galaxy, some from inside the galaxy. Not like the concept of ether...

Either way, this doesn't have anything to do with single photon interference (from what I can see). How does a single photon fired through a slit, and the process repeated, organize to form an interference pattern?

Ok Let's not use the word ether.

Let us use the word background radiation to explain this phenomena.

Now What do we know about electrons and photons? We know that they tend to not have a rest state. They are always in motion, why? Well this is for several reasons spin, vibration due to no equilibrium, angular momentum due to the strong and week nuclear force.

We do know that their paths are not random. They tend to take the path of least résistance. All of their motion is the result of outside forces. Once the electron is fired it travels in a trajectory that is conducive to the electron.

In other words it travels threw the cosmic flux or background radiation . Hence because the energy fields that the electron travels through are disturbed by the electron a wave of this disturbed field is generated. The electron will not travel anywhere that is not conductive that is why insulators work the way they do. So in order for the electron to exist in motion there must be a conductive energy field in which it can travel.

Electro Magnetic Generators do not shed electrons from their internal mass, they channel electrons from the conductive fabric of space similar to static electricity.

So if you could vision the fabric of space as a true electrostatic potential that is capable of conductivity for light and mass, then you can understand why a wave effect is created when the field is disturbed. :hihi:

No quotes just right.:angel:

But in a pond you do not have two slits, so I'm unclear as to the relevance of the comparisons. I do believe you have a point if you can further clarify this..

Let us say in the pond you placed the two slits on the surface well you are going to detect the wave effect of the mass entering the water and disturbing the waters energy state thus creating the waves. Now if you place the two slits under the surface of the water you will not detect the wave because you are in an equilibrium state as far as the water is concerned the energy wave is converted to three dimensional current not a two dimensional wave.

Now if our two slits are under the water and the projectile is fired at the slits the resistance of the water would in some cases channel the projectile through the slits and hit our background detector. In this case we would not detect any wave patterns.

What dose all this mean. Well Spatial regions are dynamic, three dimensional and they are effected by Mass, Thermal Energy, Electromagnetic Fields just to name a few they are always in a state of flux. So if you have a stationary object, regions of space will have a tendency to flex around the fixed position. These spatial packets have geometry and are separated by like energy fields containing potential energy that is kinetic. If the experiment is at the boundary of the spatial field at the time of the observation you will observe a wave effect. If your spatial boundary incorporates the apparatus at the time of the measurement you will observe a particle.

Because of the constant spatial flux in relation to the experiment changes as the fabric of space fluctuate.

To solve this equation further Gravity is the result of a static charge of potential energy that is in a compressed state due to the forces of compressed matter. When this happens the fabric of space is altered in its flux. If we really wanted to measure Gravity Waves or the flux of space we could possibly use the double slit experiment to achieve this under the proper conditions.

… Now What do we know about electrons and photons? We know that they tend to not have a rest state. They are always in motion, why? Well this is for several reasons spin, vibration due to no equilibrium, angular momentum due to the strong and week nuclear force.
Bosons, the family of particles that include photons, do not tend to have no rest states, they have no rest states. Spin (always an integer for bosons) has no effect on this quality. Vibration, equilibrium, and angular momentum are macroscopic effects observed in fermions, the family of particles that include electrons, and are due to their interaction with bosons. The strong and weak nuclear force are classical terms for the interaction of the gluon, W, and Z bosons with quarks, which are fermions. Fermions interact with bosons, and vice-versa. Fermions do not interact directly with fermions, or bosons with bosons.

These term have precise meaning according to the standard model of particle physics. Informally, the standard model is not large or difficult to understand, but, to be used meaningfully in scientific communication, its terms must be used in a manner consistent with the model.

Bosons, the family of particles that include photons, do not tend to have no rest states, they have no rest states. Spin (always an integer for bosons) has no effect on this quality. Vibration, equilibrium, and angular momentum are macroscopic effects observed in fermions, the family of particles that include electrons, and are due to their interaction with bosons. The strong and weak nuclear force are classical terms for the interaction of the gluon, W, and Z bosons with quarks, which are fermions. Fermions interact with bosons, and vice-versa. Fermions do not interact directly with fermions, or bosons with bosons..

Yes, this is classical physics, yet we also are fully aware of the problems associated with the current accepted theory.

Gluons are purely hypothetical entities that have never been proven or discovered by experimentation.

We do not know all the answers regarding the mechanical structures of the quantum world. In order to make the most progress we need to avoid fundamentalism in our disciplines.

Vibration is motion, all matter on Earth at the quantum level is in motion. I have never seen a photograph of an atom standing still.

The Strong Nuclear Force is the result of the same forces responsible for Gravity, Only Gravity is on the macro scale and the SNF is on the micro scale. They result from the compression of space containing a kinetic static energy potential. This potential has wave characteristics, wave length, frequency and amplitude however it is nearly impossible to detect for it exists within the perimeter of the atom. It can be detected at the macro level however it is a very week for specific reasons with an extremely long wave frequency, it is hard to detect.

These term have precise meaning according to the standard model of particle physics. Informally, the standard model is not large or difficult to understand, but, to be used meaningfully in scientific communication, its terms must be used in a manner consistent with the model.

Only if you except the current theory. Albert Einstein did not accept Newton's theory, therefore we have Relativity.