Science Forums

Height

Bartek

:lol: What do you think is the avarage height for a 11 year old is?
According to the 1988-1994 NHANES III survey, the average height of white American boys of age 11 is about 148 cm, or 4’ 10”.

Searching the internet for phrases like “average height by age” should reveal data such as http://www.halls.md/on/boys-height-w.htm, from which I got the above.

Then i'm taller becasue i'm 153cm. :)
Reading the graph, that would put you around the 80th percentile – taller than 79% of other 11-year-olds.

To read the graph accurately, you need to consider your how close you are to reaching 12, since it gives the average height for white Americans on the 12th birthday is 154 cm.

Reading graphs like this are a good way to get experience with averages and percentiles. Try using the graph to find your precise percentile for height. :lol:

What do you mean about growing fungus on your gonad?

I never heard that fungus can grow.:beer:

Don't mind him, Bartek. He's just yanking your chain... and could have described it better too.

Fungus grows just like a plant. A mushroom is a fungus... picture them growing and you'll get the idea...

As for Boerseun's "Frumunda cheese" comment...

It's primarily because taller boys have better luck with the women (trust me, I was 6'2" in 9th grade), thus they have better coital success... and with all that friction and human perspiration, fungus is just much more likely. :cocktail:

Just take a quick shower... you'll be fine.

:hihi:

Poor guy... now he's all paranoid because we're messing around. If only he knew that fungus is not that likely and the things that are likely are so much scarier!