Science Forums

Fahrenheit 9/11

Frogon

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: GAHD

with all the pirating going on, I can see it before it hits theatres...but I think I'll actually pay to see it out of respect.

I don't want to get into deep detail, for reasons that may surface at some future time, but yes, this is one that jutifies actually paying for a movie ticket.

"Fahrenheit 9/11's 'mind-boggling' opening weekend success

Last Updated Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:31:04 EDT

NEW YORK - The controversy over Fahrenheit 9/11 seems to have lifted Michael Moore's latest to record opening weekend sales of almost $22 million US at American box offices. "

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2004/06/28/Arts/moorerecord040628.html

I saw Moore on the Daily Show last week. He thanked all of the Right wingnuts that have started any number of attempts to squelch this movie. He promoted that more Right wingnuts get their efforts going. That each time it has advanced the interest in the marketplace for his movie and each would be on his Xmas Card list!

Well our group went to see 9/11 last night. Those of you that have read the thread about George Bush

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.hypography.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=490&enterthread=y

">http://www.hypography.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=490&enterthread=y

</a>

regarding the idiotsonofanasshole

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.bushflash.com/idiot.html

">http://www.bushflash.com/idiot.html

</a>

know that I have stayed on top of the issues. Thus there was little in the movie that was "NEWS TO ME". But it was an excellent compilation of some of the details behind the war criminal, crook, terrorist supporting Resident of the White House. OK, one item of "news to me" regarded the DEPTH of some issues.

Such as how Bush arranged for his buddies and long time biz associates, the bin Laudens, to leave the country with-in a few days of their family member's attack on 9/11. I knew it had happened. But I had no idea the extent involved. We are talking DOZENS of SPECIAL FLIGHTS when NO OTHER AIR TRAFFIC was allowed.

As the films states, it is the same as if Clinton had arranged for the McNichol's and McVeigh's families to all be flown out of the country two days after the Oklahoma bombing so they would not have to bother answering any questions. Imagine what would have happened to Clinton for that!

There was one part that I found uniquely interesting. A part which shows the ever present religious bias so prevelant on BOTH sides. There was an Iraqi woman on the screen screaming about her family having just been killed by our "Shock and awe". There was English captioning to what she was saying. Every time she mentioned Allah, even though "Allah" is a well establish word in the English language, they substituted the word "GOD". Were they unaware that the US general pop DOES know what the word "Allah" means? Or did they feel that having her saying GOD instead helped get her message to be accepted?

It truly amazes me at this point that ANYBODY can support the war criminal/ lying/ religious fanatic that is running (ruining) the US right now. And further, that anyone with either half a brain (leaving out ditto heads) or ANY conscience could see this movie and not want to have Shrub immediately locked away, is mind boggling.

But then I am not part of the 50% of the US population that THINKS they are in the upper 2% that benefits from Bush's destruction of the economy.

An interesting stat. Although 9/11 was the TOP BOX OFFICE HIT the night it was released. And the run away most succesful Documentary movie of all times. It has done so while being shown in less than 1/3rd of the number of theaters most movies are shown in.

Imagine the success if it had been released in the same number of theaters as normal releases!

OK, one more comment based on the movie. A couple of parts of the movie involved the attack on the US pop from US intellegance agencies. How the PATRIOT ACT is destroying the freedoms our founding fathers and soldiers have fought and died for.

Should I disapear from this list, please contact the FB-I and CI-A and find out where they have stashed me.