Science Forums

Any good symposia that you would suggest?

InfiniteNow

I have been to a few uber-fascinating neuroscience symposia when I was in college, and have wondered around a few other astronomy and psychology presentations and discussions, but want to explore more. Any suggestions? Please, do not worry about limiting responses due to topic or area covered, but please include:

Symposium type

General location

General timeframe/schedule

Any other relevant info.

Thanks, and cheers! :rolleyes:

I had a GREAT time at the 10th Symposium on Space Exploration hosted by the International Space University in Strasbourg last November.

Here's the link for the one I attended. There will be a new programme this year.

It was about both manned and unmanned exploration, space history, law, international affairs etc. Speakers from USA and Europe as well as China, Japan and Russia made it a really international event, with particularly unique look into what China are doing.

Most of the participants are students at ISU, while the rest come from the space industry or agencies (like myself).

Here's the link for the one I attended. There will be a new programme this year.

Sweet. Thanks! But you didn't include the link! :rolleyes:

Also, I am a member of this group called the Planetary Society and they have a bunch of pretty cool events around the globe. Fun stuff for sure!

You may find interest in this link:

http://www.planetary.org/participate/

Anyone else have a suggestion?

One of the neuroscience ones I went to featured a department of folks who were studying electric fish. These fish get perceptual information by sensing the change in magnetic fields around their body... fields which they generate through an electrical organ... I just love learning new things and peering into the mysteries of the universe.