Science Forums

World Religions will soon end....

CrimsonWolf

Viewing various topics on all the boards I feel that perhaps view of where the world is going is in order. People are becoming more religiously independent and feel less inclined to be active in the religion. There are some who attend at least once a week a religious service of some kind, however how many actually live up to their religion standards? Very few actually. The overall moral decline seen world wide indicates that. People have always done bad things in all of history. But the last century had more injustice and unmoral acts that any before it.

From science point of view what's happening is that people have searched for answers and wanted changes in the over world system works. The changes have made some improvements but no long lasting benefit has resulted. Most of the old problems still remain. Worse yet humans are not using resources of the world responsibly causing all sorts of social problems. Since politics and science will not claim their share of the mess they will instead point the figure at beliefs. Yes religion will get the bulk of the blame. The process is already in motion and nothing can stop it now.

Little by little it is already shifting. Religion and prayers removed from schools. Religious quotes being removed from public property. People are becoming spiritually lazy, having devotion of sorts but proving false to it with their lifestyles. Religious minded terrorists have put a fear and hate into the hearts of many. Religious attendance is down. Religious sex offenders being discovered all the time. Plus countless more.

One day the churches will be closed. The shrines emptied or banned. Religion will be seen only a personal level and very likely no longer socially acceptable to speak openly about. Holidays and religious activities will disappear or at the very least loose the original flare they once had with people. The governments will actually be saddened by the loss of religious political influence that once could be used as a advantage. Merchants and businesses will miss the money they made with religion and feel sad by the lost. The world governments without religion will unite as one and declare peace & security.

On a Bible based perspective . . .

Personally I find it interesting to see. Why you may ask? I myself belong to the fastest growing organized religion in the world. Yet I am also quite science minded. You might think knowing that this already in motion that I would feel threatened or concerned.

The Bible already mentioned a change in organized religion. It was already written down 1,900 years ago roughly by Apostle John while he was in exile. The events in the later chapters of Revelation in the Bible, mention a symbolic prophecy that describes harlot riding a wild-beast. What do these symbols means?

The harlot is described as having sexual relations with the kings of the Earth. She is called Babylon the Great. Also she is described as misleading the nations and is drunk on the blood of the holy ones. Why Babylon the Great as a name? Babylon according to scripture was the first city and culture founded after a global flood decades prior. When people spread across the world, they took their religion with them. Those beliefs would evolve into the religions of the world. Is their science proof of that? Yes. Many scholars will tell you how most cultures have religions that are very similar most have flood legends as well. Not to mention pyramid structures have been found around the world. The name represents then religion of the world, a world empire of false religion. Babylon The Great is drunk holy ones blood because of the various oppression and intolerance of other beliefs that seem to challenge those in religious power. Hence false organized religion has killed and persecuted those that declare Bible truths or seek a true faith throughout the ages. She misleads by teaching people what they want to hear and not what they need to hear.

The Beast represents the world governments. The book of Daniel describes powerful beasts that symbolized world governments and Revelation does likewise. The wild beast in Revelation has seven heads and it's body is a mix of powerful predators showing it's influence and military might. The 7 heads denote 7 governments or kings that affect God's people in history. Some these are mentioned in the book of Daniel years before they existed at the time Daniel was written. The seven governments that have affected God's people include: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medio-Persia, Greece, Rome, and Angelo-American dual power. The ten hours represent the world governments as whole across the Earth, as ten in the Bible represents completeness. There is a verse in Revelation that speaks of a head that was wounded then later healed. The political evidence would suggest this was the League of Nations that become United Nations. Revelation also speaks of 8th king that would shortly rise when Babylon The Great falls. Since the world governments come to together against Babylon the Great then this implies the 8th king in the scripture refers to the United Nations. The United Nations symbolizes the great beast as a whole.

The Beast is foretold to destroy Babylon The Great. Another scripture says that Jehovah will put in their hearts to accomplish his will. So Jehovah God is behind the destruction of Babylon The Great, as he has judged the worlds religions as misleading many according to scripture. The Beast is mentioned as being backed by the dragon. The dragon in scripture is identified with Satan The Devil, the original serpent, the one ruling of the earth. Another scripture mentions how Satan was throw down from heaven with his demons. Satan was often in Heaven or Earth prior (see Job) to that. Satan has never been in a hellfire, hellfire being non Bible based teaching taught by clergy and having heavy Greek influences. So Satan & Demons being cast out of Heaven is the beginning of signs of Jesus foretold return as mentioned in the Bible. It's a Heavenly kingship and not Earthly one. Jesus cannot be seen but his influence is felt through Earthly followers that are actively preaching on a scale that has never been seen before.

The point here is that the Beast is under the influence of Satan. Satan is the one that rules the world and uses whatever he can to confuse and blind people to the truth, so that may be judged unrighteous in God's day of judgement on mankind. When religion falls the End will happen next according to Revelation.

So that is my religious thought on what's going based on Bible prophecy.

Whatever your religious or non-religious views are the fall of religion is happening. Whether you agree with Bible or not the evidence of major social changes are everywhere. What are you the posters views? Don't be shy. Respect and politeness are required though.

P.S.

Although these reflect some of my observations you have the right to agree or disagree. For the sake of the post rules I refrained from quoting scripture directly and summed up the information. If you desire to speak in more detail on above subject matter then you may freely contact me privately for more one on one discussion. I am not here to convert people or argue either. Just spread thought and raise awareness of changing world we live.

"Can you feel it? A storm is coming."

Hebrew prophesy aside, I agree that the more advanced populations of the world are increasingly concerned with making money and buying things. Businesses don't normally set any priorities above that of profit. Politics are increasingly more like a business where job security is the main concern. Science, sadly, is just a hapless tool of those who can afford to fund it. Corrupt religions are, of course, just as big a problem. The question is can spirituality survive in a dog-eat-dog world? Or is spirituality all that will remain when the world is left in ruins?

LOL! Not aware of me sounding meta-physical or being Islam. Especially since I believe in neither. I am a first century Christian. Although my faith does not have clergy, human leaders, or churches. Guess which one?

My point was I believe there are religious and non-religious evidence that world organized religion is going to crumble into nothing very soon. Disagree or agree freely. The religious evidence I point to Bible prophecy. Non-religious evidence I point to the changing attitudes, trends, and views of the public and governments.

Well, you did say that it was the fastest growing religion, and among the majors that would be Islam. I am not familiar with "first century christianity," and if it is not a major religion, I suppose you could claim its the fastest growing, but there would be many who disagree with you!

Religiosity is growing everywhere except western Europe, where it is relatively stable. Religious participation is up in most places. The recent scandal in the Catholic church regarding sex offenders deals with discovery and omission, while it is clear that the rate of offenses is probably stable (the insistence on celebacy does draw certain proclivities I suppose, but that's another topic). Religious terrorists have been around for ages: Crusaders, Inquisitors, Salem Witch Burners, you name it.

Bottom line here is your proof is less specific than Nostradamus. If you wish to be convincing--as opposed to proselytizing, which you're claiming you aren't doing--you might want to get a bit more statistical. Even if you're just making expressions of faith, you'll find that claims that only your sect is aware of the imminence of the Apocalypse will be off-putting and even offensive not just to the irreligious, but to believers as well.

Substance and Style,

Buffy

I guess I would be the Muslim equivalent of CrimsonWolf :rolleyes: LOL, seriously...Muhammad had plenty of those 'signs of the apocalypse' prophecies, albeit in Islam's case, the mainstream body of Muslims are well aware of them, and consider them as historical record (because they are). Everything he said, is said by so many Muslims, with just the prophecies/names replaced by Islamic equivalents.

I don't think organized religion will be dying anytime soon :)

To me, the big question is; why does man need religion? what does religion provide that makes it important? since we can't prove the existence of a diety, and since people no longer are aware of the origins of morality and since prayers are not answered, why any religion? what part of your life is governed by religion? Europe has become dominately secular: will they be punished by God ? will the ACLU be punished for blasphemy? will atheists be banished from the earth? most people now want our government to be secular. is this not a rejection of God? is not the current mood of the people a gradual removal of religion from our society?

To me, the big question is; why does man need religion? what does religion provide that makes it important? since we can't prove the existence of a diety, and since people no longer are aware of the origins of morality and since prayers are not answered, why any religion? what part of your life is governed by religion? Europe has become dominately secular: will they be punished by God ? will the ACLU be punished for blasphemy? will atheists be banished from the earth? most people now want our government to be secular. is this not a rejection of God? is not the current mood of the people a gradual removal of religion from our society?

well Nietzsche had some interesting thoughts on why Europe was moving away from organized religion.

Well, you did say that it was the fastest growing religion, and among the majors that would be Islam. I am not familiar with "first century Christianity," and if it is not a major religion, I suppose you could claim its the fastest growing, but there would be many who disagree with you!

Religiosity is growing everywhere except western Europe, where it is relatively stable. Religious participation is up in most places. The recent scandal in the Catholic church regarding sex offenders deals with discovery and omission, while it is clear that the rate of offenses is probably stable (the insistence on celibacy does draw certain proclivities I suppose, but that's another topic). Religious terrorists have been around for ages: Crusaders, Inquisitors, Salem Witch Burners, you name it.

Bottom line here is your proof is less specific than Nostradamus. If you wish to be convincing--as opposed to proselytizing, which you're claiming you aren't doing--you might want to get a bit more statistical. Even if you're just making expressions of faith, you'll find that claims that only your sect is aware of the imminence of the Apocalypse will be off-putting and even offensive not just to the irreligious, but to believers as well.

Substance and Style,

Buffy

Well many religions believe signs of the end times in some form. They just do not agree on what the signs mean. As far as to evidence of social change I point to the fact that church attendance is steadily declining and that many people starting to have independent religious thought. Of coarse many are still spiritually searching for something, especially after shaky world events in the last few years. In my local area for example religious quotes are possibly going to be removed from public park as it was decided they should not be on public land. Terrorist activity and religious hostility have grown to international threat in the last few years. Granted those responsible were fanatics, but they cause a bad reputation of their faith in question for the public at large.

Well just for the record I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. In the late 1800's there were only a few thousand witnesses. Currently there are over six million, those are actively joining by choice. A hundred years ago only a few dozen congregations of Witnesses and less than a dozen lands around the world. Currently as of end of 2004 (do not have 2005 report yet) there are over 96,894 congregations and we are active in 235 lands around the globe. I am sure you are aware all witnesses of all ages, race, and gender are in global preaching work. The bible preaching work to non witnesses was collectively 1,282,234,887 hours in 2004 alone! This is why we say we are the fastest growing religion. No other missionary work and bible instruction is being done at the same scale as what Witnesses are currently active in.

To me, the big question is; why does man need religion? what does religion provide that makes it important? since we can't prove the existence of a deity, and since people no longer are aware of the origins of morality and since prayers are not answered, why any religion? what part of your life is governed by religion? Europe has become dominantly secular: will they be punished by God ? will the ACLU be punished for blasphemy? will atheists be banished from the earth? most people now want our government to be secular. is this not a rejection of God? is not the current mood of the people a gradual removal of religion from our society?

Well religion many feel is not living up to it's claims or standards. So called Christians, some Buddhists, and Muslims alike of all had many bloody holy wars. Other religious or ethnic groups still fight with hatred or vigor even now. Many countries even pray to God before they plunge into wars. Plus many wonder why the world problems still persist or why god would allow people to die. It's not like science has disproved a god exists. Far from it! Evolution theory has failed so many times that whole separate thread would be needed to discuss it's failures. The media has not really made a big emphasis on how bad Evolution Theory really is. Fact is after several thousand years of recorded history, people still do not agree where life came from. Modern organized religion today is a joke. They preach one thing and do another. Take a few examples:

Christians: The Bible teaches Christ to have Love for everyone and be peaceful. Yet Clergy have blessed those going to war! Fornication (any sex act out of marriage or sex organ misuse) in the Bible is stated as wrong. Yet Clergy once again do not enforce this, as they afraid of losing members.

Muslims: Loving your neighbor is expressed. Yet contradicting teaching that allows for Holy wars against non believers. Killing your neighbor is not a loving act. Supposedly Christians and Muslims technically worship the same God yet they have had many bloody conflicts just because they have different believes. Something is not right.

Jews: They technically should still have animal sacrifices according to the Torah (first 5 books of Bible). Yet none of them practice the full law, but instead just use fragments of it. Plus they have books of mystical teachings that are forbidden in Torah.

Buddhists: Sects of Buddhists through Asia's history have practiced war against fellow Buddhists sects because of difference of ideas. Yet they are taught to be peaceful!

Etc, etc....

Religions of the modern world do not practice what they teach. Many people are already aware of this. Sooner or later Religion of the world is going to be blamed for the lack of peace. The governments will react to what they perceive as threat to security, organized religion. May just start with one at first but before long the rest will cut off as well. Ironically to be fare to all they will just lump all religions together.

To me, the big question is; why does man need religion? what does religion provide that makes it important? since we can't prove the existence of a deity, and since people no longer are aware of the origins of morality and since prayers are not answered, why any religion? what part of your life is governed by religion? Europe has become dominantly secular: will they be punished by God ? will the ACLU be punished for blasphemy? will atheists be banished from the earth? most people now want our government to be secular. is this not a rejection of God? is not the current mood of the people a gradual removal of religion from our society?

That is true. People are growing out of touch with religion as well. Between raising kids and working a lot of people no longer have the time to even think about religion. The result ends being of that people are spiritually starved for something to give their life meaning. Recreation and money have their place but do not give people a since of purpose. In the ministry I have found people that either have beliefs, no active in beliefs, or have their own independent spirtual ideas. Those that are non-active or have their own ideas have been steadily increasing.

My point was I believe there are religious and non-religious evidence that world organized religion is going to crumble into nothing very soon. Disagree or agree freely. The religious evidence I point to Bible prophecy. Non-religious evidence I point to the changing attitudes, trends, and views of the public and governments.

RedDog, aside from prophecy, where is your evidence of an imminent collapse of world religion? What specific changes in attitudes, trends, and view of public and government point to it?

There is evidence of religion as far back as all human records. It has been a staple of society in all human cultures around the world in some form. Even isolated populations had forms of natural and supernatural worship. I am sure there were always doubters in every society too. Through the years religion brought power and position in society. With that came acceptance and genetic success. Evolutionarily speaking man should have developed a genetic predisposition to religios belief of some kind. Is that something that will ever be overcome?

If the doomsayers are correct, there are umpteen different perils facing humanity right now that we have little or no poower to prevent. What do people naturally turn to whan faced with powers beyond their control? Like it or not, if the world becomes a harsher place to exist, people will turn to religion for answers, help, or just to cope with it all. And if things get better you can credit God, and that whould beef up attendance.

It is never going to happen. It is too seductive, and too much a part of our history and culture. And I would argue that we need it. Like it our not.

Bill

CrimsonWolf, aside from prophecy, where is your evidence of an imminent collapse of world religion? What specific changes in attitudes, trends, and view of public and government point to it?

There is evidence of religion as far back as all human records. It has been a staple of society in all human cultures around the world in some form. Even isolated populations had forms of natural and supernatural worship. I am sure there were always doubters in every society too. Through the years religion brought power and position in society. With that came acceptance and genetic success. Evolutionarily speaking man should have developed a genetic predisposition to religious belief of some kind. Is that something that will ever be overcome?

If the doomsayers are correct, there are umpteen different perils facing humanity right now that we have little or no power to prevent. What do people naturally turn to when faced with powers beyond their control? Like it or not, if the world becomes a harsher place to exist, people will turn to religion for answers, help, or just to cope with it all. And if things get better you can credit God, and that would beef up attendance.

It is never going to happen. It is too seductive, and too much a part of our history and culture. And I would argue that we need it. Like it our not.

Bill

Well religion will still exist on a personal level. But the organization behind I propose will eventually cease. So for example you could see a person who claims to be Christian, but cannot go to a Church as the Churches have been shut down and even removed. No more religious shrines either. The gathering places will be gone. Short of maybe in peoples homes or not, you just won't see religion in a organized form. This has happened before where religions have been banned by governments, and still occurs even now. My personal faith will be no exception. The governments are not going to view any organized religion as exempt.

I am talking total religion ban on a global scale. It will still exist on personal level and likely secretly but not openly as it does now. The Pope, Shaman, Priests, and all other religious figure heads will lose all of their world influence and power if this occurs. Imagine where religions of the world no longer have any say on how governments run things, nor have the influence on the public as they do.

Guest Mace Sin

My theory is that humans simply needed a crutch to survive their first toddling steps of civilization. Now that we have advanced farther in Science, we can shirk the support of Religion and move on. Imagine what early life would be without Religion. It actually helped some people, despite the acts that were carried out because of it, too.

We don't need it anymore, though. Science is paving the way.