Science Forums

"Roswell" Why do they lie?

Abstruce

Evidence of Roswell here is very substantial.

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/

Philosophical and Theological truths lie in the balance, yet our Government lies to us.

Our Government lies time and time again, so much it is hard to ignore. Yet no one is held accountable.

The US Government must believe that the population can not handle the truth.

My question is can the population survive with a Government that will not lie to the population?

Are the masses best to be treated like Cows heading to slaughter, feed them well and hide the truth about their fate and reality?

I am as outraged as you are Abstruce.

To think that an Army General, and by proxy the United States of America, put out a press release saying that they had found the wreckage of a flying disk, got the public worked into a frenzy, only to later reveal that it was only a weather balloon! Didn't they realize that nearly sixty years later people would still buy the lie? That a cottage industry would form around it? That it would become modern day folklore? That it would erode trust in the government for generations? It is disgusting how they abuse the minds of the public like that!

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm new here and have started a post about aliens may be humans of the future but your question makes me think about my idea of "Greys". What if something bad happens to the earth and almost makes humans extinct and somehow we figure out time travel to come back and repopulate humans,a "pod" or flying disk crashes and our govenment finds out that on a certain day most people will die. I think as a race we could handle learning aliens from another world were visiting us but I dont think people could handle knowing when the world will come to an end for them. Maybe thats why the government has'nt told what really happened at Roswell.

If you think that, there's a dragon in my garage you should check out...

please...;) i am just open to other teories. What is the fault in that?! We cannot *know* that we have the right teories until we can prove them completely true. And since we cannot prove this theory false, i think it is a bad idea to just laugh at it. Or can you give us some proof that this is an impossible scenario? Can you really say that the methods and the technology said to be in use is false and say it is impossible? That is not scientific in the least bit. His theory has many flaws, sure, but if we are going to treat every odd theory like **** we wouldn't make any progress in science whatsoever. Don't be such a sceptic, instead, try to think a little out of the normal and maybe youll be the next einstein, who knows? :)

Thank you AKW, and I'm sorry for my retaliation to dave. I came here to discuss different therories not belittle each others ideas. I would like to discuss the flaws you may think of my therory. In mine I believe a catastrophic occurrence wipes out most of us, the most likey to survive would be government and scientist who in an effert to repopulate humans figure out time travel and come back and forth in time to do so. An accident happens and a "pod" crashes in rosswell and when the military learns thier not aliens but future humans and most of earths population dies thier affraid of mass panic so they recant the u.f.o. story and cover up everything including any more visits.

… i am just open to other teories. What is the fault in that?! We cannot *know* that we have the right teories until we can prove them completely true. And since we cannot prove this theory false, i think it is a bad idea to just laugh at it.
Though a skeptic, I consider it impolite to laugh at people’s ideas. However, the common claim that a scientific theory is worthy of serious attention because it hasn’t be “proven false” shows an incorrect understanding of the scientific method. A scientific hypothesis or theory must provide well defined experiments that can disprove it, and gains credibility as those experiments are performed and fail to do so.

The claim that a craft not manufactured on Earth crashed at Roswell, NM, in 7/1947 could be supported by physical material of unknown origin. It could be supported by eyewitness accounts. It could also be supported by evidence that a human technology emerged that can’t be explained by technology predating 1947. The claim can be made into a scientific hypothesis by providing explanations of the 7/1947 events that disprove it, such as identifying the found material, how technology developed without the influence of alien materials, devices, or communication, and demonstrating that the how eyewitnesses descriptions are of ordinary material.

Despite extensive searches by a dedicated community of researchers, no material of unknown origin has been found. No technology that cannot to traced to origins predating 1947 has been identified. Eyewitness accounts are more complicated.

All eyewitness accounts describe material matching those used in high-altitude balloons of the then-secret Project Mogul atomic bomb explosion detection project. Although many accounts describing very different material, and in addition, dead and living humanoid aliens exist, no such account appears in verifiable source until 1978, and, with apparently 2 exceptions, these accounts are at least second-hand, and either are unable or unwilling to identify the eyewitness who’s account they claim to repeat, or identify a person no longer alive. The single exception is that of Army Major Jesse Marcel (1917-1986) , and his son, Jesse Marcel Jr., MD (1936? – present). The elder Marcel’s account described a described a very light weight reflective foil, which Marcel believed was “not of this world”. The younger Marcel describes this foil, and also describes “I-beams” bearing purple-violet writing resembling hieroglyphics. The younger Marcel claims to have seen this material 1 time only, at the age of 11, when his father woke him in the middle of the night to show him the material. The elder Marcell also describes “small beams” bearing pink and purple writing that were very light, flexible, and fireproof. This account is not corroborated by other eyewitnesses of the material, such as Bessie Brazel (daughter of the rancher who discovered it and brought it to the attention of the local sheriff and the Army), who describe the “beam” material as being translucent when held to light, and in addition to letters she was unable to recognize, bore “pastel flowers and designs”.

I conclude that

• The elder Marcel was incorrect in his identification of the reflective foil as “not of this world”, and the foil was the Mylar material (well known now for its use in the small “party balloons” that can be purchased in many stores) that is now known to have been used in project Mogul balloons.
  • Then 11 year-old Jesse Marcel Jr’s recollection of the I-beams is inaccurate.
  • The beam material described is a common light hardwood such as basswood, which, although similar in feel to kindling wood, is difficult to light, causing the elder Marcel to conclude that it would not burn.

Without evidence contradicting these explanations, the hypothesis of an alien craft as Roswell is little supported.

Some have argued that evidence of an alien craft at Roswell in 1947 exists, but has been kept secret by the US military and government. However, given the amount of material eyewitness describe, the area over which it was scattered, and how easily it was scattered by the wind, I believe that if this material were truly novel, and as durable as claimed, at least some of it would have been discovered.

Thank you AKW, and I'm sorry for my retaliation to dave. I came here to discuss different therories not belittle each others ideas. I would like to discuss the flaws you may think of my therory.
I think you need to look up the definition for this word. Theory: A formulation of underlying principles of certain observed phenomens which has been verified to a degree by repeatable experiment. The key words here are; principles, observed, verified, and repeatable. Even though I personally feel that there may be something to the so-called cover-up, I have yet to see enough evidence for any suspicions I or anyone else may have to qualify them as an acceptable theory..............Infy

I think you need to look up the definition for this word. Theory: A formulation of underlying principles of certain observed phenomens which has been verified to a degree by repeatable experiment. The key words here are; principles, observed, verified, and repeatable. Even though I personally feel that there may be something to the so-called cover-up, I have yet to see enough evidence for any suspicions I or anyone else may have to qualify them as an acceptable theory..............Infy

Fine, let's call it a hypothesis then, sorry for my misuse of words?

But seriously, his "theory" is far out, but Í think it is good with unconventional thinking, and if the odd "theories" are dismissed just because they are odd, we might miss something genuine.

It is impossible in reality to lay funds on a serious checkup of these hypotheses, but if he could give just a LITTLE bit of proof i think that would be enough to start an investigation.

We can't expect him and others like him to solve all by themselves, but if the proof seems to be somewhat credible, i think that the hypothesis should be explored by a team of scientists.

I'm curious as why if it was just a weather ballon why ship it out in a hush and on a B-29. Why not trash it there at roswell?

Because it was not “just a weather balloon”. According to declassified documents and statements from people involved in the project, Project Mogul was a top-secret project intended to detect Soviet nuclear weapon testing. Although I’m unaware of any eyewitness to the giving of such a direct order, several surviving members of the Mogul team have stated that they understood that Army staff at Roswell were instructed to say that the recovered material was from an ordinary weather balloon, not a top-secret spy balloon considered to be of great importance to national security. According to these documents and accounts, great effort was made to assure that no material of information about Mogul fell into the possession of spies working for the Soviet Union.

Very well, so nothing crashed at roswell but there have just been too many claims of U.F.O.'s , U.S.O.'s, abductions, visitors, hyrogliphs dipicting what could be a flying craft , I just have to keep thinking that we're missing something. We tend to see what we want to and dismiss what we cant explain. As with death it can only be three things, what religion tells us, heaven and hell, what the atheist say... a light bulb going out , or something we never would have imagined!