Science Forums

Befriending an officer

Loricybin

so, the experience had begun and there was nothing we could do but ride it out.

the blinding light poored in, and a few minutes later we were all sitting on the rainy curb, talking to two police officers.

yeah, yeah, pot in the van,

blah blah blah

so a little time passed, and people got searched. when it was my turn, i had a tiny wooden puzzle box with leftover new years fire crackers and zig zags inside.

and the greatest part was, i said "oh and this box, my uncle gave me to figure out, as a christmas present. I can't OPEN the damn thing. if you could help me figure out how, that would be awesome."

i watched the twenty something pacific islander in the starched uniform play with it, and jiggle the lid for a few minutes.

"whats inside here? c'mon man i hear something in there, what're you doin?"

i say "no, really? is something in there? what the hell?! i need to figure that thing out!" and i play along fidgeting about with the box in hand like i don't know how.

he shakes it around, and never knocks on it like you're supposed to.

AND THEN HE SAYS

"wow man, that's OUT THERE. . . go ahead and sit down. . ."

so later, on the curb, the bald cop opens the car door, and guess what i ACTUALLY SEE. . .

A DOZEN BOX OF KRISPY KREME!

aw man. this was starting to get fun (not so much for the others, but)

when i'm standing by the hood, and he is taking my information, i start asking about the car

he tells me its a ford

i ask about the training for driving them, and how fast has he gone

he lies and says 90

yeah sure

but i tell him as i kid i wanted to be a motorcycle cop, and i tell him i respect what the police do.

he totaly likes me and we talk about different cop cars, crown vics and capris.

the cop couldn't get a hold of my dad, and he said he'd just let me walk home, but the other cop insisted on giving me a ride.

the COP was just gonna let me walk away, just being happily tricked, too.

when he was trying to open it, i even got a SMILE OUT OF HIM!:xparty:

so i think that if i hadn't been talking nicely the whole time, or been politely inquisitive, he wouldn't have pegged me for a decent person.

but i acted kind to him, and he was kind back. this was his personality shining through. humans naturally like people who are like us.

and he was nice as

i was nice.

and seriously, watching the human policeman trying to open my secret box was HILARIOUS. i couldn't help but realise the level of precision that is completely thrown off by a simple twist of intelligence.

go humanity:)

man that was one of the best times i have ever had, and i think that you gave a much better reccolection of the events than i ever would have. you perfectly gave a description of a sequence of events that i enjoyed and then provided a hilarious comic insight that i had not witnessed, and then on top of that you gave a nice chunk of useful knowledge for me to chew on. wonderful. *applause.