Science Forums

I like to think, do i think too much

inside the sun

I'm starting to discover a distaste for the place in which i live. The people here are shallow, and materialistic, their lives are revolved around each episode of the OC. I'm tired of our thoughts being limited to ourselves, i want them to stretch outside. I feel my mind being poisoned, and i don't know how to get it out without sucking the venom out. Somewhere deep down inside of me, someone screams help!:confused:

What can you do? The world is full of idiots who plan their life around the TV. Don't waste your time with them. A handful of bright friends to share your ideas with are worth all of the rest of humanity, as sad as it sounds. Anyone with a modicum of brains and ambition can rule most people like mice. The paradox is, the smarter you are, the more you want to be left alone, and the less resposibility you seek. Einstein said that nobody who actually thinks is ever really happy. Ignorance is bliss, so to speak. Most people don't even know what real happiness is, or have any semblance of a plan to find it. Rather they're content with working toward occaisional pleasures, like saving up for six months to spend a week in Cancun (where they'll watch TV anyway). Don't get fooled by what you're supposed to want. Move to Cancun and learn some spanish.

"Follow your bliss."

-Joseph Campbell

Welcome to my world. Get a cheap laptop, w/ nice battery life, linux, and floppy then spend most of your time online. :confused:

don't mess with idiots. walk away from them. trust me.. i angered one stupid person a while back.. angered the whole group they hung out with..

best way to tell if someone is stupid is if they judge someone real quick. had someone call me annoying once when i asked for thier friendship.. i shouldn't have replied to them with my own thoughts.. i should have ignored them by walking away, never saying another word, or even listening.

ignore, ignore, ignore

don't put down those that ask for friendship, unless you know they are serious trouble.. don't throw away others because of your fear of them. those who fear others are usually weakling who scurry away to others because they can't stand up for themselves.. aka general public to U.S. government.. but the government won't always be there for them, which has happened past 5 years.. and people need to learn to lose fear and start learning to be there for themselves.. rant rant rant..

if you find someone you don't like.. if someone doesn't like you.. never say another word to them. never, never, never ever say another word.

don't be a punk and show emotion either. It becomes sad when you are actually better than them, to only show them up as an ignorant idiot, with tons of friends who are also idiots.. Eh.

Chage your environment? Best thing I found when that was happening was to pull out the yellow pages and check out all the different pubs, coffie shops, and pool halls there was. Random walks to new places worked wonders too; you'd be surprised how easy it is to meet new people if you just change your setting. it lets you pull off your 'mask' a lot easyer too....

It's rather interesting that you just discovered this; well, you're young, but I congratulate you nonetheless because some twice your age have yet to make this realization. But, not everyone you meet is going to be the Newton of the 21st Century. Yes, I understand that many people are shallow, materialistic, or what have you, but that is something that you have to live with, because there are that kind of people everywhere (sometimes even the most intelligent of people are shallow,etc., believe me, I know). New scenery is appropriate if you want to meet new people with the same problems as those you left behind. :hihi:

I am not saying you are not going to, or already don't, have friends, or acquaintances who have more than a peanut for a brain and an almond for a heart, it's just that those people are few and far between on your life-long journey.

So with that, I wish you the best of luck with your new discovery.

Ciao!

oh, my.... HUMANS! ha, what a silly race. I decided within the last year, that as soon as I get my **** together... Im gonna travel all over the world until death catches up to me. I get tired of seeing the same people everyday... I'm tired of america... I've never been out of the country, even though I've been dying to my whole life. I'm just sick and tired of this place... I want to fall in love with a woman in every country... I want to learn 34 languages... I want to hang out on an island... sipping margarita out of a coconut... I want to ride a camel to work... I want to smoke hookah with the decendants of the inventors.... I want it all... most people spend their lives moving from point a to point b with occaisional c.... that sickens me.... I want to move to so many points, that no alphabet could ever keep up.

beautiful drip curl. Same way i feel. But yeah eclectic your right. Its that old saying "what are you looking for that you can't find right here" If you have problems, no matter where you go they will follow you. SO moving isn't the solution. But i never said it was. I just want to travel, get out, see the whole world, as much as i can see. I want to learn it all (even though thats not possiable). I want to expierence everything i can.

• 2 weeks later...

hi inside,

i like to think also :) glad to see you.

try spend more time alone and understand yourself more, know who are you actually and what are the good qualities inside you. what you want. what you need. are you selfish, greedy, jealous, angry and etc.

btw, you couldn't think before you think :) so do you really think? what is think. and so on... (one more thing to think)

wish you good luck

try spend more time alone and understand yourself more, know who are you actually and what are the good qualities inside you. what you want. what you need. are you selfish, greedy, jealous, angry and etc.

But don't spend too much time alone... I've spent the last 6 months of my life in almost complete seclusion. And it is driving me insane. But yes, time alone is something that is important to have on a daily basis. It's a bit unhealthy to constantly suroung yourself with humans.

btw, you couldn't think before you think :) so do you really think? what is think. and so on... (one more thing to think)

wish you good luck

Your thought process is similair to mine... haha.

But don't spend too much time alone... I've spent the last 6 months of my life in almost complete seclusion. And it is driving me insane. But yes, time alone is something that is important to have on a daily basis. It's a bit unhealthy to constantly suroung yourself with humans.

wish you good luck

Your thought process is similair to mine... haha.