Science Forums

Cigarette smoking data interpretation

I thought you were not allowed name-calling in these forums. Everybody has a right to choose their lifestyles and I just responded in a light vein...I didn't know I would be crucified for it. I have my reasons for smoking that is none of your business. I don't defend those who smoke but at the same time respect their right/freedom to choose. I absolutely am very informed about the dangers of smoking and DON'T JUDGE anyone who smokes. This thread was about trying to quit and I came to read because of that.

Ahh, don't take anything that orby says to heart. I can assure you, he does not intend on throwing names. He probably could have worked around the "idiot" comment. he was just trying to prove a point... that menthol smokers should probably be more shameful for their smoking habits. Because it would be just as easy to pick up a pack on smokes without the menthol. But then again, smoking is bad either way. but, orby is already rightiously against smoking cigarettes as it is. So, when he hears of menthol smokers, he gets a little more edgy than when he hears of non-menthol smokers.

Attn: Orbsycli and others>>

It seems that I am not as ignorant as you think I am. Please read the following articles:

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/158/7/609

Quote from the above site - "2. Compared with smokers of nonmenthol cigarettes, subjects who ever smoked menthol cigarettes did not have an elevated occurrence of lung cancer."

Also see :

http://tobaccodocuments.org/product_design/952531.html

Quote from above site : Discusses other health studies and states there is "nothing to indicate a particular hazard of smoking mentholated cigarettes."