Science Forums

ITMS drm frustrations

I consider myself an honest person, so I do not "steal" music, so I buy it from my friendly (or not) Itunes Music Store.

So now I fire up my Mp4 to Aiff conversion software, so that I can edit my legitamately purchased music to my liking.

B) Now I find that I can do less with music that I paid for than with "stolen" files, and this makes me angry.

I need a way to strip the protection off the files so that I can play them on a non ipod, and edit them.

I heard of a program called Jhym, but it does not work for me for some reason, I also heard that burning to CDs works, but I only have a limited number of CDs.

Any ideas? I tried creating an image of a folder to trick it into thinking that it was a cd, but this failed, any freeware or shareware that will work? neat tricks with terminal or disk utility?. I am useing a mac.

I am useing a mac.

you are in the Unix world and yet you still have frustrations with copy protection.... darn Apple people that wrote that GUI and those BSD hacks...

http://www.mp3machine.com/mac/CD_RIPPERS/

http://www.mireth.com/doc/musicman_faq.html - this one is pretty nifty, if you actually read there page it has links to lame which can burn your tracks to an open format (ogg) and a plugin for qt to play ogg files, from there, you could do any crazy thing you wanted to, then you can use audacity to edit the music in any possible way you can imagine, and then there is hydrogen so you could do beats and stuff, too bad there are not ports of terminatorX to anything other then Linux...

• 2 weeks later...