Science Forums

Action at a distance;

infamous

magnets are nothing like gravity. if they were of the same waves then one could turn a magnet over and it would push away from the earth.
Well, I wouldn't say nothing like gravity but certainly different in many respects goku. In any event, we understand a considerable more about magnetism than we do about gravity.

Think of it like this; Energy travels in a straight line through space when uneffected by external influence.

Indeed. Now imagine all of that energy trapped in the bonds between atoms. I'm a religious believer in a unifying theory. I think there is a universal currency of energy. However, I don't necessarily believe mass is 'directly energy' - it is surrounded by it, may express it under certain circumstances or vice versa but perhaps, we are measuring only the 'outward facing' energy.

Indeed. Now imagine all of that energy trapped in the bonds between atoms. I'm a religious believer in a unifying theory. I think there is a universal currency of energy. However, I don't necessarily believe mass is 'directly energy' - it is surrounded by it, may express it under certain circumstances or vice versa but perhaps, we are measuring only the 'outward facing' energy.

Interesting that you make that statemet. I agree it seems that there is more to electrons than just holding a charge. I am no expert but to define electricity, it would be said that it is a flow of "electron" material from an high source to a low source. It seems that electrons are the only flowing moving, adapatable, versitile matter source there is.

I shouldnt get into it.. but my point is, electrons seem almost to be a value of energy and the information emmitters, where core seems to apply the outcome of the matter, as if they are two very different things. haha not sure where Im going with this its late.