Science Forums

It's about time I found a site like this!

Drosera

Hello folks!

I don't usually do an introduction when I start a new forum. But given that I'll be surrounded by geniuses (compared to little old me) I thought it might wise to explain a little about why I'm here.

I'm 37, female. I'm barely a high school graduate, and I don't work. But I seem to have been gifted with a boundless curiosity for animals, nature in general, how the world and all that's in it works, which has led to investigations and ponderings on the nature of the universe.

I'm sure any questions I have will seem silly compared to the things I have seen discussed, but hopefully this group will accept my first step of a thousand miles towards enlightenment. :evil:

Just a note: I tend to be strongly resistant to an idea that I don't understand if I already have some belief setup for the circumstance, and trying to make me understand can be a herculean effort. It's a horrible (to others) character flaw. I will do everything in my power *not* to be this way, but I just thought you should be warned. :eek:

I look forward to meeting you all, and discussing my questions, and who knows, maybe I'll have something to offer others from time to time.

Take care!

A 37 year old Canadian female that doesn't work... What exactly do you do with your days and nights then?

In my experience, education is not always an indication of intelligence, nor is a career. Believe it or not, most of the people here are not experts at anything except appreciating the sound of their own voices (or in this case, reading their own opinions on their computer monitors!). We like to ask questions, we enjoy sharing ideas, but most of all, many of us seem to LOVE to argue. Luckily, we have each other and don't often have to resort to the fenceposts in our yards any longer. If you fit this description, you'll fit in here just fine.

Welcome!

and by all means...ENJOY!!

Hello again.

What exactly do you do with your days and nights then?

In the winter, beyond cleaning and computering, not too freakin much!!!

In the summer though, that the time for my "projects". Examining animals, taking pictures of the larger ones, collecting different water samples from different bodies of water to see what's in them (Got a miscroscope) Helping to fix the car (can do brakes on my own at least). I'm not averse to investiating and fixing where possible home appliances, but I don't have much knowledge on the area. I do pretty much anything that I can, and even some things that I'm really not suited for. :) Mostly though, I'm fascintated by animals, so lean towards that.

I'm just a damn curious type, ya know?

Thanks for the warm welcomes. As I'm sure you've sensed my intimidation toward this forum, they are much appreciated.

Take care!

"...surrounded by geniuses..." Flattering, but there are very few "geniuses" here. Some moderators like Infamous, are always filled with interesting information, feel free to ask them...unlike me, who doesn't know half the stuff they try to explain to me...so sad...so in basicly, enjoy yourself and hi.

oh and what the heck...i feel so young among everyone here.