Science Forums

70K Challenge!

Tormod

Thanksgiving day? I am not american, so i dont have any idea when is that day? Tomorrow? btw, what do you celebrate with that day?

___Thanksgiving is the 24th; I think it's always the last Thursday in November. We have a discussion going here:

http://hypography.com/forums/lounge/4556-thanksgiving-2.html#post69896

Gobble gobble. :QuestionM

Thanksgiving is the fourth thursday in November, as standardized by FDR. Before him, it was the last Thursday in November, as standardized by Lincoln. Before that, it wasn't a national holiday and it was celebrated at different times around the nation.

Come on guys, just about 550 more posts to go!

Is it only me or is the site running really slow right now?
I'm having the same trouble Tormod. I'm hooked up with Road Runner cable and I have never seen the response time so long at Hypography. I thought for a minute that it was a problem with my computer so I checked another webpage and it seemed to be working fine there. Not sure what's going on but it's real frustrating in any case............................Infy

Yeah, I'm unable to locate the culprit. There may be some spider activity but I see nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe some other sites on our server are acting up. :QuestionM
I began to experience problems on other sites also so I did a system restore and now things seem to be OK. I'm mystified?????????