Science Forums

After Life vs. Science

OpenMind5

Originally posted by: geko

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin

Can anyone tell me what this mysterious "afterlife energy" is and where and how it is produced?

It surrounds us, and is part of the filaments of consciousness that stretch through the entire universe.

I have proof that this is wrong. The Great Invisible Pink Unicorn used her holy cloven hoof to scratch the following message in the sand, before my very eyes, "Thou hath not seen the truth sayeth the GIPU". Surely no one would be foolish enough to argue with such irrefutable proof!!

Originally posted by: Freethinker

part of the filaments of consciousness that stretch through the entire universe.

What ever level they exist at, they CAN be measured, calculated, accounted for in some manner.

It's from good ol' Carlos

If there was such a thing as this consciousness, do you think it could be accounted for? Ive been [under the impression] that it couldnt be.

part of the filaments of consciousness that stretch through the entire universe.

What ever level they exist at, they CAN be measured, calculated, accounted for in some manner.

Ah, nothing like Yaqi sorcery.

So are you saying you didn;t beleive what you were saying in the first place? Or just giving a source for reference?

If there was such a thing as this consciousness, do you think it could be accounted for? Ive been [under the impression] that it couldnt be.

MRI's have done an incredible job of mapping various parts of the brain active in various areas of consciousness. I don't see anything that indicates this to be impossible. We are physical. EVERYTHING we do is physical.

So are you saying you didn;t beleive what you were saying in the first place? Or just giving a source for reference?

Nah, i dont believe it. I just fancied answering UM's question from a mystical point of view, and since castaneda is my favourite (and requires pretty much the same leap of faith as any other mysticism to believe in), i thought i'd answer it from that point of view

Nah, i dont believe it. I just fancied answering UM's question from a mystical point of view, and since castaneda is my favourite

He is an interesting read. Oh those '60's! Gobbled his stuff up!

Awe now, you had to go and make me Google him.

He's dead.

And worse!

Turns out not only was the stuff not real. Like I EVER thought that! (OK, for a minute or two?) But it is all invented complety. Not even just bad acid all the time.

The Straight Dope

Did Carlos Castaneda hallucinate that stuff in the Don Juan books or make it up?

...There will always be disagreement, but the smart money is on the latter....

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/020621.html

(and requires pretty much the same leap of faith as any other mysticism to believe in), i thought i'd answer it from that point of view

Your messing with my mind. We get enough Believers around here, ya never know who is going to claim what.