Science Forums

Graphics quality

Agen

Games nowadays have good graphics, but we can make better, but the hardware that pepole would need to run them would cost too much. For example the movie that starts when you first open up World of Warcraft hase way better gaphics than the game itslafe. Now I ask you, what are the best graphics that we can make on computers nowadays, that would only work on supercomputers and are used in films. Any pics, videos?

how about watching the movie "Final Fantasy"?

The startup of World of Warcraft is probably a video, it's a list of images where a 3d game is not just a list of images, it's a ton of polygons rendered with textures, very complex for a video card to handle and requires a lot of memory and a fast graphics processor. Any old computer can play a video since it's just a list of images with audio overlayed.

Gamer computers allow installation of multiple graphics cards. Stick in a couple of XFX nVIDIA GeForce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 256-Bit TV-Out/Dual DVI PCI-Express, run an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (2 x 1MB) L2 Socket 939 Dual Core CPU or an FX-57, add a couple or four GB Corsair XMS Extreme 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR400 PC3200. Yeah, that'll run DOOM3 at hi-res in real time.

http://www.abspc.com/app/ult_specs.asp

http://www.abspc.com/spotlights/athlon64fx.asp

An AMD Athlon FX-55 with cheap DDR memory will wax the fanny of an Intel Xeon (Pentiums are a sour joke) of the same frequency with expensive DDR2 memory. The Athlon will run 20 C cooler while doing, too. 32-bit Pentiums top off at 4 GB RAM at motherboard bus frequency. 64-bit Athlons handle 1000 GB of installed RAM at CPU frequency (on-CPU memory controller). Athlons cost less than Pentiums. Live with it.

I dont think that 200 bucks is worth the improvement you get with SLI, even if there was a 20% improvement, you are still way off mark with the price...

And even my 3400+ with 2 gigs of ram and a Extreeme n6600gt would play Doom 3 at the highest res even through cedega (dont ask why you'd wanna play a game available for Linux through Cedega, but the fact is it would!)

I'm reinstalling the system on there today, i have had small issues with Raid, if i cant figure out wth is up, i'll stick with 2 deives.... i need the system running...

PS3 multi core? :hihi:

there is only one processor, however i can see where the architecture can make it seem a bit deceiving :lol: dont worry i am not picking on anyone, i wrote up a long post in this section about the new cell architecture, if you search the archives, i am quite sure that you will find it. There is no real "processor" in PS3, well, there is, but its not like a desktop processor, it doesnt do many things, a real processor is a point of speculation for the cell desktops, there is word that those will come out with G6 - based chip in the middle to do certain processor tasks that the APU's just cant accomplish, that would be multi thread, multi core, but as of now, the only term that would really apply to PS3 is multicell processor, although cell architecture is designed around having multipple cells, so i am not even sure whether that would be the right thing to call the processor, because cells are really the measure of "speed" more then anything else, it would be more synonymous with GHZ in the x86 architecture, but due to processing capacity of 250 Goflops per cell, GHZ is not something that would really be considered for the cell architecture, i mean you'd need 5 quad opterons to keep up with a cell and PS3 has 4... oh and cell != core...