Science Forums

What happens to "stuff" that gets sucked into a black hole?

GreekTTC

Pardon the ignorance. I'm trying to find theories out there regarding what happens to stars, light, matter, etc. once it gets past the event horizon, trapped and ultimately sucked into a black hole...

I've read about German astrophysicist Kurt Schwarzschild and the singularity, etc... but aside from that, is there anything else?

Does each singularity lead to a new big bang?

Are there any other theories?

I have a plausible theory.....

(first let me get my padding gear so i can handle the beatings after this post)

As far as evidence show me, light has mass and momentum. There is no such thing as a wave in space time.. it is a frequency of ultral minute particles that act like a spherical pulse through space.

The gravity of a black hole is so intense that it is capable of retracting the photons which attempt to escape. The tempeture of the a black whole must range in the highest of the highest range.. where full force gamma rays are existant. The matter in which is expelled through "energy" (photons) is slowed down by the over coming gravity force of the fundamental matter particle in direct company with its partasins forming a perfect connection solid, where gravity is 100% of its capability..

Event Horizen is the point in which (over a span of a few 100,000million miles most likely) where light energy is over come, which would explain why no electro magnetic data is capable of being perciebed by us.. The black hole itself could most likely be dark matter which is the flip side of current matter (aka a dry spongge waiting to absorb light) which is a reasonable reason why stars for on the out reagions of a black hole, dark matter turns to true matter and is capable of being expelled through the poles which as the least amount of G-force pressure from the rotataing body of mass. aka why pulsars spill all possible matter through the the axis of rotation. (they are like border line black holes.... if I understand correctly that they are the closest stage to a black hole.

To understand an atom is to be an atom in the world of atomic reality.

As far as evidence show me, light has mass and momentum. There is no such thing as a wave in space time.. it is a frequency of ultral minute particles that act like a spherical pulse through space.

Which evidence are you refering to? Generally we say that photons are massless particles.

And what basis do you have to claim that there are no waves in space-time? :)

I have a plausible theory......

:wave:

Event Horizen is the point in which (over a span of a few 100,000million miles most likely) where light energy is over come, which would explain why no electro magnetic data is capable of being perciebed by us.

The event horizon cannot be millions of miles wide. By definition, it is the point in space (a spherical shell for the simplest of models) at which light can no longer escape the gravitational pull. It is a limit, and limits are not ranges.

To understand an atom is to be an atom in the world of atomic reality.

:) Have you yourself been an atom? What do you remember from your time as an atom?

Arkain101,

Hope you have your padding gear on!

I have a plausible theory.....

This is not a plausible theory; it is not even a hypothesis, its pure fantasy with little or no foothold in physics as we have spent years on research and learned as basics. Admittedly, there are unsolved mysteries in physics, and through meticulous research we are unveiling some of them.

My personal view is that answering a legitimate question from one who wants to learn, it is irresponsible to give a fantasy answer like what you have given.

If the Forum allows, such theories should be posted as theories on its own thread, not as answers to physical questions, then we can discuss your theories/fantasies.

As far as evidence show me, light has mass and momentum.

Show us the evidence.

There is no such thing as a wave in space time...

Who says?

it is a frequency of ultral minute particles that act like a spherical pulse through space.

Pure fantasy!

The tempeture of the a black whole must range in the highest of the highest range.. where full force gamma rays are existant. The matter in which is expelled through "energy" (photons) is slowed down by the over coming gravity force of the fundamental matter particle in direct company with its partasins forming a perfect connection solid, where gravity is 100% of its capability..

Absolute bull!

The black hole itself could most likely be dark matter which is the flip side of current matter (aka a dry spongge waiting to absorb light) which is a reasonable reason why stars for on the out reagions of a black hole, dark matter turns to true matter and is capable of being expelled through the poles which as the least amount of G-force pressure from the rotataing body of mass. aka why pulsars spill all possible matter through the the axis of rotation. (they are like border line black holes.... if I understand correctly that they are the closest stage to a black hole.

?????

To understand an atom is to be an atom in the world of atomic reality

What?? Get real!!

GreekTTC: One who have spent most of his time on theories on black holes is Stephen Hawking, and here is a link to his book, where theories on black holes are described, among many other subjects.

http://newton.physics.metu.edu.tr/%7Efizikt/html/hawking/A_Brief_History_in_Time.html

I just want to know what's on the other side of a black hole. Is that too much to ask? :eek2:

One who have spent most of his time on theories on black holes is Stephen Hawking, and here is a link to his book, where theories on black holes are described, among many other subjects.

http://newton.physics.metu.edu.tr/%7Efizikt/html/hawking/A_Brief_History_in_Time.html

Torson, Thanks for the link.

that was more of a joke lol.. sorry about that..

Basically I was saying that it is anyones best educated guess (like most things in the physics world today that are theoretical) so if any "scientist" clamins they know exactly what happens I really dont know If I could beleive it.

I absolutly do not think it was correct. just a little humor for around here :eek2:

Pardon the ignorance. I'm trying to find theories out there regarding what happens to stars, light, matter, etc. once it gets past the event horizon, trapped and ultimately sucked into a black hole...

I've read about German astrophysicist Kurt Schwarzschild and the singularity, etc... but aside from that, is there anything else?

Does each singularity lead to a new big bang?

Are there any other theories?

basically, from my understanding, as a matter enters a black hole event horizon, it takes on a whirlpool like motion, and so the tangential velocity pretty soon reaches close to the speed of light and the matter transforms to energy. That energy is directed through the Einstein-Rosen bridge into a white hole. Thats as far as i can go right now.

And I dont think every singularity leads to a big bang, a singularity simply traps itself out of 'our' space-time and into another one. But i'm no expert.

wait until i complete my "vortex theory", i think it might fully explain black holes !! :confused:

I really do love it that all these people are working on theories. I think you need to colaborate with each other. Maybe there needs to be a forum for new work on theories. I know several people who have said they are working on theories that have to do with relativity, black holes, dark matter, and then energy and mass (arkain101 steps up to bat for that one.) Maybe it would be good to get a forum for that where you all can work together without the harsh criticism that some of us (myself included) have dealt out. Just a suggestion.

as a matter enters a black hole event horizon, it takes on a whirlpool like motion, and so the tangential velocity pretty soon reaches close to the speed of light and the matter transforms to energy

One thing I think you're missing is that matter swirls around a black hole at any distance. As one gets nearer an acretion disk forms where matter swirls at much higher velocities. At the event horizon, matter from what the eye can see ceases to exist as it gets swallowed up by the hole. No light from that matter can escape once it reaches the event horizon. The high amount of xrays we see are released just as the matter hits the swartzchild radius. This is at least my understanding.

basically, from my understanding, as a matter enters a black hole event horizon, it takes on a whirlpool like motion, and so the tangential velocity pretty soon reaches close to the speed of light and the matter transforms to energy. That energy is directed through the Einstein-Rosen bridge into a white hole. Thats as far as i can go right now.

just to avoid misunderstandings: the above is not conventional theory...:confused:

concerning the question "what is on the other side of a black hole":

There is no other side of a black hole. at a certain point people started calling these things 'black holes', that doesn't mean that they are literally 'holes' where you can fly through/ whatever. a black hole is just a very dense star.

Bo