Science Forums

Video Ipods

I've heard about this yesterday, Apple is releasing the Video Ipods, they look awesome but come at a pretty high price ($400-$600). Does anyone have one or ordered one yet?

I'm just wondering about the quality of the screen, gotta be good to play videos, maybe someone can tell me more about it, experiences, problems, anything...?

they defeat the purpose of the ipod itself , ipod is respected (at least as i know it) as the easy to carry light weight portable music player , (good for in school use illegaly of course! :) ) but anyway , it has 150mb of memory , and can play like..tv episodes and i dont know how much the battery will be , but i think (knowing many people with labtops, and psp's) that it will be a flunk, becuase like i said , it defeats the purpose , and for the price , a labtop is a better buy , bigger screen (ipod has 3 inch screen i think).aka it probably will be a pretty hunky peice of equpment compared to newer ipods (dont buy nano's either , i have one and they are more trouble then there worth).

Umm, the versions i've seen online have 30 - 60 gigs of mem and a reasonable life, do not defeat the purpose of having the most awesome peotable media player with awesome sound and easy navigation and stuff... and i'd imagine it will be pretty nice. As for Nanos, i dont know why you have such a bad experience with them, I know that they have screen problems, as in easy to crack and scratch, but there are products available to stop that, there is an awesome plastic-like thing you can use for the screen and whatnot to protect it. they are quite remarkable and small, so......

I just hope they fix whatever manufacturing defects cause the batteries to fail so frequently. My mini would be a great product if I didn't have to send it to apple and get a new one every few months. (I bought it in September, got my first replacement end of August when the battery stopped charging. Now I have to get another, because this battery isn't holding charge).

-Will

the easy navigation is 1 thing they do have an advantage over , but i was only saying what i read from 1 news paper article and my knowledge of hand held systems.!

as for the nano, i just mean the 1 thing i need it for *(long trips)* it doesnt have enough battery power for, and i dont want to buy additional 20 doller equipment for it to operate as i hoped it would by itself i.e the car battery charger thing., and i was disapointed when i had static coming out of the speakers , and as far a could tell lesser sound in the right headphone, and best buy couldnt at that moment find any problems with it, and wouldnt even let me test it with differant earphones , becuase as i still found, the volume was still messed up, and the static came back imediatly the next day. i feel i could have better purchases with my money. :)

eras, the same thing is happening to my friend, and as far as the scratchy screen on the nano , mine after 2 week of nothing more than expectable useage looks like a bloody scratchig post for cats!!! and , to make it even worse , in some areas the white paint-like stuff is peeling off!!! all i do is carry it in a back pack, listen to in the bus to school , and while i walk home. i have never droped it, and or put it in a place filled with other items that could scratch the surface knowledgably. :)

that's weird Merc, i've never heard of such problems on Ipods in general before, could be a factory defect, or the way it was treted by Best Buy, not the greatest treatment there, i've seen them throw hard drives on the ground and slide it to customers, so defects on nano, no big surprise, have you tried to just exchange it for a new one?

oo...get a new one....that would be kinda....*****ey tho wouldnt it.?

it is only peeling paint , and there is the trouble of convincing them to give me a new one...and getting the music again....ehh im not used to the finest equipment anyhow , but i still would prefer my money in some better investment...o well , ive done stupider things with money before....when i was 5 and i got my allowance at the grocrey store , i would take it and pitch it up onto the highest shelf in the grocrey store , and imediatly start wailing lol :)