Science Forums

Reply to swansont

wlad

7 hours ago, OceanBreeze said:

I can't tell if you are using the period as a comma, in which case your file is over 36 Mb, or it is actually only 36.5 Kb?

In any case, you may try to resize your file using a picture processor such as Paint or Paint.net or Photoshop.

There are many ways to downsize the file including cropping, compressing and resizing.

Try some of those tactics and let me know in detail what happens.

OceanBreeze

I already posted two topics here in this forum. In each of these two topics there are several figures (about ten figures in each topic).

In this third topic I tried to post, in the first picture I tried to add, it wasn't accepted, and I couldn't proceed.

Now, the figure that was rejected in this third topic is the same size as each figure that I had previously posted in the other two topics. So, why in those two topics were accepted several figures (the same size as the figure rejected in the third topic), and in the third topic that I tried to create, not even the first figure was accepted?

Could it be that the reason is because each member of the forum is only entitled to a limited amount of 36,474kB, and I have already exhausted that amount in the two topics that have already been posted?

39 minutes ago, wlad said:

OceanBreeze

I already posted two topics here in this forum. In each of these two topics there are several figures (about ten figures in each topic).

In this third topic I tried to post, in the first picture I tried to add, it wasn't accepted, and I couldn't proceed.

Now, the figure that was rejected in this third topic is the same size as each figure that I had previously posted in the other two topics. So, why in those two topics were accepted several figures (the same size as the figure rejected in the third topic), and in the third topic that I tried to create, not even the first figure was accepted?

Could it be that the reason is because each member of the forum is only entitled to a limited amount of 36,474kB, and I have already exhausted that amount in the two topics that have already been posted?

I'm not sure what the problem is.

The max total file size of attachments per post is 974.27 KB  You can see that message just below where you are typing.

As far as I know, there is no max total file size per member.

What is the file size that you are trying to attach?

If it is too big you can down size it, as I said earlier, or you can break it up into smaller files and use several posts instead of trying to put it all into one post.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help than that; I would need more information about what you are trying to do.

1 hour ago, wlad said:

OceanBreeze

what I said, about the fact that physicists are afraid of mathematics, (because although they love it when it proves their theories, however they hate it and spit on it when it proves that one of the current theories is wrong), it doesn't just refer to only to the physicists on that other forum.

It is a widespread phenomenon.

So it wasn't a criticism specifically about those physicists on that forum.

It was a criticism that applies to all physicists who betray the scientific method, who spit on mathematics when it suits them.

They are spread across universities, physics forums, research labs.

They want, at all costs, to prevent the Scientific Truth from prevailing.

OK. You are entitled to hold that opinion, as long as it is not directed at anyone or any forum in particular.

On 3/4/2023 at 1:10 AM, OceanBreeze said:

I can't tell if you are using the period as a comma, in which case your file is over 36 Mb, or it is actually only 36.5 Kb?

OceanBreeze

the first figure of the paper, which I tried to attach, has 93,1kB

When I try to attach it, this message appears:

1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 36.474kB, and was skipped

I tried to attach it here now, where we are now talking.

The same message appeared:

1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 36.474kB, and was skipped

I tried now to attach here a file with 68,2kB, and the following message appeared:

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.
(Error code: You can only upload a total of 36.47 kB.)

I tried a file with 58,3KB, and the same message appeared.

With 46,1kB the file was attached:

694127597_1-Copia.jpg.91f622b03aa968d4286eb9087d87fb1c.jpg

Edited by wlad

8 hours ago, wlad said:

OceanBreeze,

Figure 7 of my topic The most acurate calculation of the nuclear physics, posted here some days ago, has 235kB

You should be able to post a max total file size of 974.27 kB per topic.

That is my understanding. Previously, I said per post, but that is wrong.

But, it does look more and more that the max total may apply to all topics, perhaps in the same sub forum.

One way to find out is for you to try posting in a different sub forum. If you are able to post with all your attached files in a different sub forum, that will tell us what is going on.

If that works, I can try moving your post back into the correct sub forum.

One other question: Are you using the drop down menu on the lower right "Other Media"?

That gives you a choice of inserting an existing attachment OR inserting an image from a URL.

Maybe using a different method will work better?

I have not run into this problem before but I am trying to help.

If all else fails you can go back to just using a link, although I would much prefer if we can keep the entire discussion here, if possible.