Science Forums

History of People not visualizing images

ArtsyGirl13

The term ''Aphantasia'' sounds like a condition and there shouldn't be a term for a normal and not unusual phenomenon, but the term didn't exist back then. Some people don't know where the phenomenon occurred, but it occurred all the way back in the stone age when the majority of cave people didn't visualize images. 100% of cave people weren't born with the ability to visualize images, The methods that they did were they imagine without visualizing. In Ancient times, People still didn't visualize images and people used stingrays on a person's head to change their brain function to visualize images, in the 1st to 18th AD centuries, People didn't find any things that makes them to visualize images, 100% of people didn't visualize images back in those centuries. In the 1800s, Francis Galton ran a test for people to visualize their breakfast, Most of them remembered their breakfast without visualizing, while others visualize their breakfast clearly.  During the 20th century, The whole majority of people didn't visualize images, but they tried various things that make them visualize, None of them worked and others had tried drugs that made me visualize. As of now, 100% of people don't visualize since a lot of people that were born in the late 20th century and early 21st century weren't born to visualize images, Various things that people that done like in the stone age were imagine without visualizing, mentally conceptualize images, etc. Overall, Many people have various ways of thinking but many people don't think by visualizing images.

Edited by ArtsyGirl13

• 10 months later...
On 1/15/2023 at 3:38 AM, ArtsyGirl13 said:

The term ''Aphantasia'' sounds like a condition and there shouldn't be a term for a normal and not unusual phenomenon, but the term didn't exist back then. Some people don't know where the phenomenon occurred, but it occurred all the way back in the stone age when the majority of cave people didn't visualize images. 100% of cave people weren't born with the ability to visualize images, The methods that they did were they imagine without visualizing. In Ancient times, People still didn't visualize images and people used stingrays on a person's head to change their brain function to visualize images, in the 1st to 18th AD centuries, People didn't find any things that makes them to visualize images, 100% of people didn't visualize images back in those centuries. In the 1800s, Francis Galton ran a test for people to visualize their breakfast, Most of them remembered their breakfast without visualizing, while others visualize their breakfast clearly.  During the 20th century, The whole majority of people didn't visualize images, but they tried various things that make them visualize, None of them worked and others had tried drugs that made me visualize. As of now, 100% of people don't visualize since a lot of people that were born in the late 20th century and early 21st century weren't born to visualize images, Various things that people that done like in the stone age were imagine without visualizing, mentally conceptualize images, etc. Overall, Many people have various ways of thinking but many people don't think by visualizing images.

While Aphantasia may be worthy of an interesting discussion on this forum, this post by ArtsyGirl13 contains far too many unsubstantiated and outright incorrect statements to be acceptable.

For example, the statement “As of now, 100% of people don't visualize since a lot of people that were born in the late 20th century and early 21st century weren't born to visualize images” is ridiculously wrong. How do I know? Because I have no problem at all visualizing images in my “mind’s eye” and it turns out that I am no exception; the vast majority of people today can visualize very well.

According to the Aphantasia Network website, which is owned and operated by people who have this condition, as a support group, “Current population estimates range anywhere from 1-5% of people have visual Aphantasia”. The same source estimates that “2-12% have visual hyperphantasia”.

People with Hyperphantasia experience extremely vivid visualizations, and it is considered to be the opposite of Aphantasia on the Imagination Spectrum.

Imagination-Spectrum-Visual.jpg

So, the claim that “As of now, 100% of people don't visualize” is shown to be not just wrong, but absurdly so. More people have extremely vivid visualizations than those who cannot visualize at all.

These facts could have been obtained with just a minimum amount of online research; this indicates that this poster did no research at all and just made up her own “facts”.

This is why we have a rule here to “please provide proof or at least backup of some kind, for your claims”.

My hope is that this critique helps you to make better posts in the future, if you decide to continue to post here.