Science Forums

House of Mirrors and the Universe

HydrogenBond

This idea came to me while posting on another forum topic. It seemed like a good seed for discussion. If one set up many mirrors, like a house of mirrors, with the many mirrors positoned at the distances found in space, this will create not only reflection, but also time delays in reflection, and reflections of time delay, etc.. As such, no matter where in the house one goes they will appear to be the center, and the history of their walk through the house will eventually be reflected back to them and reappear later in their visit as though coming from the perimeter. This is how the universe appears to us on earth; it has no difinitive center and the oldest phenomena appear at the perimeter. The house of mirror theory could be demonstrated with an experiment and it could developed mathematically. Does this make it a valid scientfic theory for our perception of the universe. The current theories might have the math but they do not have any valid direct experimental data.

Science is at a cross roads similar to the time of Copernicus. Profound data has appeared that demonstrates that the early expansion of the universe had to be very discontinuous and not a particle continuum, i.e., superstructure and some galaxies at the beginning of creation formed rapidly. The problem is that the Big Bang Continuum theory has become religion. In the light of the superstructure and young galaxy data, it buries its head in the sand and goes into a state of denial rather than face the truth of its obsolescence. Anyone who challenges the dogma is heretical. Scientist are often hypocrates because they hate religion because they doubt the validity of dogma, yet they will defend scientific dogma. The house of mirrors works with a discontinuous expansion model, since matter is concentrated during the expansion and can thereby create strong local distortions in space and time right from the beginning of creation until the end. A discontinuous expansion is supported by the latest astrophysics data, and the house of mirrors can be demonstrated with direct experimental data.

What is sort of slick is that if the universe is expanding, which I believe it is, then the house of mirrors is expanding, thereby every reflection will have a red shift. The more times the light reflects, the more red shifted it will appear. Even of the expansion was slowing the old would increasingly red shift and thereby appear to be accelerating.

Using current theory, the size of the universe, where matter stops, is the perimeter. In the house of mirrors, the perimeter is composed of the oldest light that is bounced around for the longest time.

"Where matter stops"? Where is that?

I am failing to see what you are saying here. I don't see a theory in here that is competing with the Big Bang.

That the Big Bang has become religious dogma is your point of view - to me it is the best description we have to date. It may be completely wrong, and it has it's problems, but calling it religious dogma doesn't really help anyone.

If you have a competing theory then please explain a couple of things:

a) how did you arrive at this theory

:hyper: what does the theory predict

c) what sort of tests can be carried out

d) what would constitute a successful test of your theory

The current theories might have the math but they do not have any valid direct experimental data.

I think you need to read up on modern cosmology, my friend. There is plenty of direct evidence, both experimental, theoretical and observed. Interpretations of them (like the background radiation) will always be debated, but to claim there is no direct experimental data is actually quite ignorant!

Direct experiemental data is something one can create and reproduce in the lab rather than data that forfills expectation. The latter is circumstantial. Both the highest red shift of the most distant events and the house of mirrors are both justified by the solid red shift data, but neither are proven by it. That is what I call circumstantal evidence for a theory. The house of mirrors can be run by any scientist and they will all get the same data irregardless of their orientation. That is direct data.

A). This theory popped into my head due to the observational problems with big bang, implying a need for something new that can take into consideration the latest data which the big bang can not.

:hyper:. If predicts all the same stuff, including the new data that the big bang can not. A discontinuous expansion at such a large scale, right from the beginning, can be easily explained with an entropy expansion instead of a force (repulsive) or explosion expansion scenario.

C). The house of mirrors is straight forward enough and can be tested any number of ways and will produce consistent results. An entropy expansion might be critical water that expands ever faster than just a simple pressure drop. Have the walls of the room also expand as the container ruptures. The rapid cooling due to the expansion should lead to water droplets and a majority background of radiation at the level of the heat of fusion.

D). Open discussion brain storming to take it to its logical conclusion. No theory is absolute truth but if it increases our undertanding or opens up new understanding it did something useful.

Since the bang is still the majority view, I believe that this tells us it is still closest to the truth. That is why I used it as the scoffold for the next generation theory. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater because the baby is clean and the bathwater can be recycled.

The use of the water for the entropy expansion experiment uses the chemical potential of the heat of fusion for attractive force. I was trying to simulated the nuclear potential of nuclear fusion that would love to pull matter or hydrogen together for its exothermic task, especially if entropy expansion pulls space close to absolute zero. The universe now need heat in a hurry.

I will give my best reason for why a discontinuous expansion using an entropy can form galaxies so fast. If we start with the primordial atom and divide it into two and separate these a distance D, they will define less entropy than a continuous sphere shell a diameter D. Both will define the same mass times distance, but the divided two will define less entropy because the sphere contains more entropy or disorder within all the points on the surface of the sphere. This implies that for any given amount of entropy potential a quantum division can go further and faster into space. Or it can mean that more free energy is left over at distance D for other energetic things, i.e., fusion, mini discontinuous expansions, migration into superstructure, etc..