Science Forums

master's student

Kymbat

Hello everyone! I need your help!
The topic of my dissertation is "Pedagogical foundations for the use of visibility in the biological education of schoolchildren".  Does anyone know what is included in the pedagogical basis for the use of visibility in biology education? I know what visibility are, but I can't find information about the pedagogical basics for their use. Thanks in advance!

These days I think you might consider going beyond “the pedagogical strength of visibility” and include all types of multimedia. The pedagogical basis for the use of multimedia, and in particular visibility, in education in general; can be summed up by the old expression that "a picture is worth a thousand words". The pedagogical basics for their use is that it uses the natural information processing abilities that we already possess as humans. Our eyes and ears, in conjunction with our brain, form a formidable system for transforming meaningless sense data into information.  Basically, our eyes are highly adapted by evolution to detecting and interpreting movement.

You may find this link helpful: https://et101thv-multimedia.weebly.com/uses-and-applications.html

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2022 at 8:20 PM, Kymbat said:

Hello everyone! I need your help!
The topic of my dissertation is "Pedagogical foundations for the use of visibility in the biological education of schoolchildren".  Does anyone know what is included in the pedagogical basis for the use of visibility in biology education? I know what visibility are, but I can't find information about the pedagogical basics for their use. Thanks in advance!

or you can check out this site for guidence https://mypascoconnect.in

Hello. Constructivism: This educational theory posits that students actively construct their own knowledge and understanding. When it comes to visibility in biology education, this means creating learning experiences that allow students to observe, manipulate, and interact with tangible examples, such as specimens, models, or digital simulations, to develop their biological knowledge. Experiential Learning: Visibility tools can provide opportunities for hands-on, experiential learning, which can be a powerful way to engage students in biological concepts. The basis here is that students learn best when they actively engage with the subject matter. Sensory Learning: Incorporating visibility, like microscopes, specimens, or visual aids, can stimulate multiple senses, making the learning experience more immersive and memorable. Active Engagement: Encouraging students to actively engage with visibility tools fosters inquiry-based learning. It encourages students to ask questions, investigate, and draw conclusions independently. Curriculum Alignment: The pedagogical basis also involves aligning visibility-based activities with the curriculum goals and learning outcomes. This ensures that visibility tools are used purposefully to reinforce specific biological concepts. Assessment Strategies: Consider how you assess student learning when visibility tools are used. Formative assessments during hands-on activities and summative assessments based on the understanding gained through these tools are vital components. Inclusive Education: Ensure that the use of visibility tools accommodates diverse learning needs and styles, making biological education accessible to all students. Educational Technology: In today's digital age, integrating technology and e-learning platforms for visibility-based lessons is becoming increasingly important. Consider how these technologies align with pedagogical principles. Professional Development: Teacher training and professional development are essential for ensuring educators are proficient in using visibility tools effectively in the classroom.