Science Forums

Has Science Left Philosphy in the Nineteenth Century?

ArthurSmith

23 hours ago, OceanBreeze said:

"He asked for his account to be deleted"

Exactly! What do you think the word "deleted" means?

delete

[dɪˈliːt]

VERB

remove or obliterate (written or printed matter), especially by drawing a line through it.

"the passage was deleted"

synonyms:

remove · cut out · take out · edit out · expunge · excise · eradicate

If he wanted it closed, that is an entirely different matter.

Furthermore, he could have just left without closing or deleting his account. Was he afraid he does not possess enough self control to just stay away?

The same applies to you, if you want to leave, just do so. There is no need to make a dramatic announcement of your departure. People come and go all the time here without posting their departure like some drama queen. I wish you well wherever you go. Your account will remain open if you decide to return. Bon Voyage!

Oh, I'm reasonably competent in English, dude. You decided to be a dickhead, that's all.

22 minutes ago, Cenderawasih said:

Oh, I'm reasonably competent in English, dude. You decided to be a dickhead, that's all.

21 minutes ago, Cenderawasih said:

Do you think it might have something to do with your holier-than-thou supercilious attitude?

Just food for thought.

I thought you were leaving, why aren't you gone yet?

Edited by VictorMedvil

7 hours ago, Cenderawasih said:

No, I decided to do what he asked me to do. Right now, you are being the dickhead, as well as violating forum rules.

I still wish you well in wherever you decide to go, you are even welcome to remain here if you can act more like a mature poster.

Be advised I will not tolerate any more of your insults.