Science Forums

Is This Science forums dying?

Vmedvil2

Ya, It  seems like this science forums is dying we just don't have the posters that we used to... I know being perfectly honest with a lot of members have drove them away but there needs to be some level of scientific integrity on this forums. I just don't know if a science forums with half a dozen posters can survive as the website needs ad revenue to survive. It is unfortunately because this is one of the places to where free speech about ideas is allowed and not censored despite that you may get people that disagree and call it strange or cranky, but most forums would just filter the content if it was unscientific. I enjoy the science forums.com I wish more people would enjoy it too, but I suppose they just want to post pseudoscience on it then get mad when the veteran members or actual scientists call it "Bad" for lack of scientific integrity. Do we really really need to explain why your idea is wrong or cranky? Because that wastes much of our time, we all have real lives to attend to we don't always have time to explain the viewpoint to you, especially if that idea is riddled with concepts that are incorrect or not commonly held by scientific community, many of these things can be google searched to find out if you are correct... I don't know what you expected when posting your ideas on the internet on a random forums with barely any viewers with a bunch of normal people... If you want to be famous post it on youtube there are millions of more viewers on that website than this one, but you'll have to shell out some serious cash to google to get there on youtube or even a scientific journal. Personally, it's not worth it to me to shell out millions of dollars just to be famous and have everyone sucking my dick, but for you, you may have different priorities. What did you think posting your idea on the internet would instantly make everyone be like "Damn he's a Genius Let's all bow to him, yup new autarch of world right now?" I think you all had false expectations...

Edited by VictorMedvil

I gave up on some posters, like JerryBerry. I think he shoulg be allowed to post in his own threads and if people want to read it and be misled, so be it. The one thing I'd like moderators to act one, the one thing that really piss#s me off is that he can spam threads that don't belong to him and he will make the quality of other peoples posts into a heap of garbage. That's where  literal line has been crossed. It's selfish, and it beggers belief why he's alliwed to do this. I don't believe in censorship either, but he hijacks peoples threads with impunity and there is no repercussions for his ****in blatant attempt to promote hud rubbish in threads, often nit even related to the content in those threads.

1 hour ago, Dubbelosix said:

I gave up on some posters, like JerryBerry. I think he shoulg be allowed to post in his own threads and if people want to read it and be misled, so be it. The one thing I'd like moderators to act one, the one thing that really piss#s me off is that he can spam threads that don't belong to him and he will make the quality of other peoples posts into a heap of garbage. That's where  literal line has been crossed. It's selfish, and it beggers belief why he's alliwed to do this. I don't believe in censorship either, but he hijacks peoples threads with impunity and there is no repercussions for his ****in blatant attempt to promote hud rubbish in threads, often nit even related to the content in those threads.

Ya, I agree with you dubbel some posters are just trash, I really try to make my posts as good as I can it's often not easy to make everyone understand. I'll be first to admit that I don't know everything but I think I am right more times than not. By the way whos JerryBerry? Let me guess you are talking about me, I have done absolutely nothing to you dubbel, whatever man. Ya, at first I thought by Jerryberry you were meaning JeffreyTubes but if you have a issue with me then say it to my face, what man?

Edited by VictorMedvil

14 minutes ago, Dubbelosix said:

His namd is jeffrytubes sorry.

Ya, the reason why I thought that was you said "JerryBerry" like my Handle "VictorMedvil" ya jeffrey makes me mad too, but you know I think that is still superpolymath I think he just wants to be heard, I feel kinda bad for him. I dunno I have felt a mix of emotions about that person, sometimes I am mad at him other times I just feel like this is a demon we have created. You know society makes people this way it's not always their fault exactly maybe if we were more understanding and less confident in our ideas of things that we would understand? I don't really know dubbel about this jeffreytubes.

Edited by VictorMedvil

But ya, all that being said everything has it's issues some are solvable others are not as easily solvable. I don't know of a good solution however I can hope that these issues are solved with everything. What would I do, I don't exactly know, there are just so many issues from all angles in all aspects of human everything, it's as if everything we touch or do as humans has large or small issues from graphics cards to societies to forums. The universe is not the most easy place to live in as even the best materials will have flaws to the point that a single molecule or atom is slightly not the way it should be. I think this says something for humans in general, we cannot make it perfect however we can try to make it the best we can even if sometimes it is less than perfect. If flaws in the people involved with this forum or other aspects cause it to ultimately die that would be unfortunate because we all tried so hard to make it awesome. I wanted to show the people that read and post on this forums, ideas that could help society be stronger and more advanced in the realm of technology, personally, maybe I should have said nothing but without this forums I would have had no voice, that is the greatest gift the scienceforums.com has given to me. I think to myself what if it was around for 1000 years and 50 generations could read the knowledge collected on this forums, however I don't know maybe in a perfect universe it would be that way, however many times you have heard a uncensored voice from me that not all agree with on this forums, isn't that awesome? I think it is a awesome paradigm as censorship is rampant in this world people not being allowed to say what they think and feel. You are never censored here however you may have people that disagree with you, that's what I love about these forums, Freedom.

But ya, all I can give you is my opinion nothing more and nothing less, thanks to the scienceforums.com .

Edited by VictorMedvil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 12:07 PM, Dubbelosix said:

The one thing I'd like moderators to act one, the one thing that really piss#s me off is that he can spam threads that don't belong to him and he will make the quality of other peoples posts into a heap of garbage.

I have seen the term “spam” used before and do not understand what it means.

Please define “spam”.

Thanks in advance

Edited by atomsmasher
want to follow

5 hours ago, atomsmasher said:

I have seen the term “spam” used before and do not understand what it means.

Please define “spam”.

Thanks in advance

Definition of spam

: unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as emails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places

On 8/14/2021 at 6:34 PM, VictorMedvil said:

but most forums would just filter the content if it was unscientific.

Hmm, I posted large document well sourced from prominent journals even top 1 in the world, recently top 1-5... I posted article from chief emeritus of psychiatric times! I have no idea how could I source it better... Only formatting of text in that post was off, because this formatting annoys me...  But they called it pseudoscientific garbage and put into trash (without reading anything) so it wasn't even that! When I pointed that out, they changed topic instantly and they obfuscated and never directly engaged with any points carefully! It was laughable! Because they were taking revenge on me, from before when I posted about Existential Boredom, a concern of mine. I noticed if anyone posts about Existential Boredom they are acting arrogantly! Then OP gets fed up, because no one reads anything as he says that and quits a thread and I saw same names of elitists on these forums repeating and doing this over and over! They were also wrong BTW...

that you may get people that disagree and call it strange or cranky,

Isn't this exactly what is happening in scientific circles? Someone comes with an idea, while mainstream doesn't like it for myriad of reasons and call it cranky, without proper scientific inquiry! That is poor argument IMHO! And then we have geniuses in history, which came out right... If you don't look "with your own eyes" and don't read it, how can you know? Or if it is so wrong I said: OK give 1 reason, they posted x times again (wasting their time) didn't give a single reason...

Do we really really need to explain why your idea is wrong or cranky?

Talking about wasting time, I noticed these elitists actually spend a lot of time answering to even plainly dumb posts and posting tin-foil hats and what not. That is literally wasting of time, so issue is not there!

On other forums: scienceforums.net It is full of elitists who posts tin-foil pictures and it was really cringe! I was polite and patient, but they strawmanned me and didn't give any counter arguments! I think they were too scared to lose an argument, or overconfident... Science is largely social endeavor, you need to gain respect and reputation with publishers and top scientists otherwise: they won't publish you! They are people like everyone else and are capable of shallow behavior like this... 160 IQ person: says essentially the same things: there is problem with teamwork and submitted 1000 applications can't get a job (he had criminal record, but it was cleared, but still...). Don't get hired, even if his work is wrong, but hires psychopaths and so on... And plagiarism and others stealing his work... 

Also you may have IQ 140, but you may 1 mistake and your reputation is ruined forever: https://www.quora.com/What-does-an-IQ-of-145-mean?share=1 That is the thing, brilliant people are not utilized in our society. And corrupted people and psychopaths are getting to places of power. But people who mean well are left out...

While I know most about Philosophy and talked to 1 philosopher and we nice and polite discussion. I Am also very rational and if I Am wrong I acknowledge that, but i need counter-arguments/evidence... I have ASD and I care only about truth!!!

I don't know what you expected when posting your ideas on the internet on a random forums with barely any viewers with a bunch of normal people... If you want to be famous post it on youtube there are millions of more viewers on that website than this one,

Wait I thought you talked about scientists posting here on these forums, being driven out by elitists! Sure sometimes laymans post sometime on scientific forums, but it is not much usually! I for example posted barely 100 posts (not topics) in 2.5 years. I was careful to a point, until I posted about Existential Boredom. I was logically consistent and correct BTW. They didn't engage with any argument, instead they used every logical fallacy in a book! Just because they were already convinced I Am crackpot, or something... And then they started to hate me for no reason! Previously I was careful, because I exactly expected that behavior... But then I was optimistic one time so...

BTW I agree if layman person, or even scientist post something cranky. If it is just wrong, you don't have to explain that is true, that is if it can be verified quickly. Like something, which is flat out wrong... But problem is they don't even read anything and censor... Which is just dumb... I could understand if I was spamming, but again. I had like 30 posts in 2 years and I posted to one lounge thread, or something completely aside and instantly someone told me: I hope you are not spamming.............

I think issue is in elitist on these forums, because there should be mainly scientists, or people which know something about these areas. So why are these forums dead one should ask indeed :D Did they driven even scientists away :D :D :D ? You can find evidence of elitism in scientific circles, if you want...

When I go 1 on 1 with smart people like IQ 130, 140, 150, or 160. We usually agree on most things, because I Am very rational... So I don't think it is, because my post was wrong, or something...

It is perversion of our times, PC and you make 1 mistake and you are done... Being wrong is great, you learn from it. Many brilliant people afraid of being wrong didn't move on and accomplished anything... Also it doesn't matter, if you are wrong, but if person who is wrong admits that! Even geniuses are wrong all the time... You literally learn like this... Don't know what to say to you, if you don't agree. Everyone has different talents and people should cooperate, if you don't see that... Not saying we should strive to be wrong, but how do you determine being wrong, unless you engage in a discussion, or give evidence??? You can't simply... It is even in politics and scientific circles, people avoid each other, just because they don't like each other...

Edited by empleat