Science Forums

Is This Science forums dying?

VictorMedvil

Ya, It  seems like this science forums is dying we just don't have the posters that we used to... I know being perfectly honest with a lot of members have drove them away but there needs to be some level of scientific integrity on this forums. I just don't know if a science forums with half a dozen posters can survive as the website needs ad revenue to survive. It is unfortunately because this is one of the places to where free speech about ideas is allowed and not censored despite that you may get people that disagree and call it strange or cranky, but most forums would just filter the content if it was unscientific. I enjoy the science forums.com I wish more people would enjoy it too, but I suppose they just want to post pseudoscience on it then get mad when the veteran members or actual scientists call it "Bad" for lack of scientific integrity. Do we really really need to explain why your idea is wrong or cranky? Because that wastes much of our time, we all have real lives to attend to we don't always have time to explain the viewpoint to you, especially if that idea is riddled with concepts that are incorrect or not commonly held by scientific community, many of these things can be google searched to find out if you are correct... I don't know what you expected when posting your ideas on the internet on a random forums with barely any viewers with a bunch of normal people... If you want to be famous post it on youtube there are millions of more viewers on that website than this one, but you'll have to shell out some serious cash to google to get there on youtube or even a scientific journal. Personally, it's not worth it to me to shell out millions of dollars just to be famous and have everyone sucking my dick, but for you, you may have different priorities. What did you think posting your idea on the internet would instantly make everyone be like "Damn he's a Genius Let's all bow to him, yup new autarch of world right now?" I think you all had false expectations...

Edited by VictorMedvil

I gave up on some posters, like JerryBerry. I think he shoulg be allowed to post in his own threads and if people want to read it and be misled, so be it. The one thing I'd like moderators to act one, the one thing that really piss#s me off is that he can spam threads that don't belong to him and he will make the quality of other peoples posts into a heap of garbage. That's where  literal line has been crossed. It's selfish, and it beggers belief why he's alliwed to do this. I don't believe in censorship either, but he hijacks peoples threads with impunity and there is no repercussions for his ****in blatant attempt to promote hud rubbish in threads, often nit even related to the content in those threads.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dubbelosix said:

I gave up on some posters, like JerryBerry. I think he shoulg be allowed to post in his own threads and if people want to read it and be misled, so be it. The one thing I'd like moderators to act one, the one thing that really piss#s me off is that he can spam threads that don't belong to him and he will make the quality of other peoples posts into a heap of garbage. That's where  literal line has been crossed. It's selfish, and it beggers belief why he's alliwed to do this. I don't believe in censorship either, but he hijacks peoples threads with impunity and there is no repercussions for his ****in blatant attempt to promote hud rubbish in threads, often nit even related to the content in those threads.

Ya, I agree with you dubbel some posters are just trash, I really try to make my posts as good as I can it's often not easy to make everyone understand. I'll be first to admit that I don't know everything but I think I am right more times than not. By the way whos JerryBerry? Let me guess you are talking about me, I have done absolutely nothing to you dubbel, whatever man. Ya, at first I thought by Jerryberry you were meaning JeffreyTubes but if you have a issue with me then say it to my face, what man?

Edited by VictorMedvil

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Dubbelosix said:

His namd is jeffrytubes sorry.

Ya, the reason why I thought that was you said "JerryBerry" like my Handle "VictorMedvil" ya jeffrey makes me mad too, but you know I think that is still superpolymath I think he just wants to be heard, I feel kinda bad for him. I dunno I have felt a mix of emotions about that person, sometimes I am mad at him other times I just feel like this is a demon we have created. You know society makes people this way it's not always their fault exactly maybe if we were more understanding and less confident in our ideas of things that we would understand? I don't really know dubbel about this jeffreytubes.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Posted (edited)

But ya, all that being said everything has it's issues some are solvable others are not as easily solvable. I don't know of a good solution however I can hope that these issues are solved with everything. What would I do, I don't exactly know, there are just so many issues from all angles in all aspects of human everything, it's as if everything we touch or do as humans has large or small issues from graphics cards to societies to forums. The universe is not the most easy place to live in as even the best materials will have flaws to the point that a single molecule or atom is slightly not the way it should be. I think this says something for humans in general, we cannot make it perfect however we can try to make it the best we can even if sometimes it is less than perfect. If flaws in the people involved with this forum or other aspects cause it to ultimately die that would be unfortunate because we all tried so hard to make it awesome. I wanted to show the people that read and post on this forums, ideas that could help society be stronger and more advanced in the realm of technology, personally, maybe I should have said nothing but without this forums I would have had no voice, that is the greatest gift the scienceforums.com has given to me. I think to myself what if it was around for 1000 years and 50 generations could read the knowledge collected on this forums, however I don't know maybe in a perfect universe it would be that way, however many times you have heard a uncensored voice from me that not all agree with on this forums, isn't that awesome? I think it is a awesome paradigm as censorship is rampant in this world people not being allowed to say what they think and feel. You are never censored here however you may have people that disagree with you, that's what I love about these forums, Freedom.

But ya, all I can give you is my opinion nothing more and nothing less, thanks to the scienceforums.com .

Edited by VictorMedvil

• 2 weeks later...

We can save this forum by holding higher standards. I've seen a slight change in JeffryTubes. If we work to be genuine in facts, we can outclass even sciforums and the naked scientist forum. But we need compliance.

Edited by Dubbelosix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 12:07 PM, Dubbelosix said:

The one thing I'd like moderators to act one, the one thing that really piss#s me off is that he can spam threads that don't belong to him and he will make the quality of other peoples posts into a heap of garbage.

I have seen the term “spam” used before and do not understand what it means.

Please define “spam”.

Thanks in advance

Edited by atomsmasher
want to follow

5 hours ago, atomsmasher said:

I have seen the term “spam” used before and do not understand what it means.

Please define “spam”.

Thanks in advance

Definition of spam

: unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as emails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places