Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

All righty thens; what base have you used this time? :shrugs: :bouquet:

:turtle:

When I was formulating it, I considered making it a binary riddle, but thought it might be too obscure for most. So, it's in base 10. :please:

Remember everyone, it's a riddle so things are not always as they seem. :smilingsun:

:turtle:

When I was formulating it, I considered making it a binary riddle, but thought it might be too obscure for most. So, it's in base 10. :tree:

Remember everyone, it's a riddle so things are not always as they seem. :bouquet:

Mmmmm...but as a binary riddle the answer can't be a whole number (unless it's zero :smilingsun:), by either common definition of "whole number", so by "not always as they seem" you mean a sneaky snake trick. :please: :D Turtle down!! :shrugs:

Mmmmm...but as a binary riddle the answer can't be a whole number (unless it's zero :))

Or 1. ;)

But, like I said, this riddle is in base10.

by either common definition of "whole number", so by "not always as they seem" you mean a sneaky snake trick. :eek: :D Turtle down!! ;)

Well, I'm not sure what exactly a "sneaky snake trick" is but I'll go ahead and say yes. :D

I looked up the definition of a whole number just to be sure and of course wiki lists 3 different definitions. So, to avoid the semantics, let's just say "integer" instead.