Science Forums

crewed or uncrewed space missions

bearnard55

What kind of space missions do you support crewed or uncrewed missions? Nowadays space technology is developing so rapidly as you can see. Personally, I support uncrewed missions. It's much easier and more important secure to send uncrewed missions ( we just don`t have to risk the crew) But still, there is a lot of important stuff in particular missions machines cannot do without humans What do you think about that?

On 2/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, bearnard55 said:
What kind of space missions do you support crewed or uncrewed missions? Nowadays space technology is developing so rapidly as you can see. Personally, I support uncrewed missions. It's much easier and more important secure to send uncrewed missions ( we just don`t have to risk the crew) But still, there is a lot of important stuff in particular missions machines cannot do without humans What do you think about that?

I think it depends how far you are going for something like exploring another solar system uncrewed would be the way to go atleast until the future just have computers do it however for the matter of our solar system crewed are definitely the way to go.

Edited by VictorMedvil

14 hours ago, VictorMedvil said:

I think it depends how far you are going for something like exploring another solar system uncrewed would be the way to go atleast until the future just have computers do it however for the matter of our solar system crewed are definitely the way to go.

That is a good point. Nowadays, we don`t have such an advanced technology that can make all space missions without humans takink part in them. I support them because of the fact that they are cheaper and more important secure for the crew. But still, to make missions more succesfull people still have to take part in space missions and experiments. I think that in some time scientists will make robotic missions so advanced that humans wont have to take part in space exploration missions