Science Forums

Sleeping in the Day & Working by Day

Ojithi

Hello,
I'm Ojith. I'm new to the Forum. I need you guys ideas and explanations on my doubt. I usually work at night. Means about 10PM-3AM. I can and I have an ability to focus my mind exactly on the work I need to do other than day. So, I usually sleep at 3:30 AM & Wake up at about 9AM. It suites my day to day routine. But, I feel uncomfortable and I actually feels lazy and can't focus on work. But, I need to know about is it okay or not to, "Sleep in the Day & Work at Night". Do I actually need to sleep during 12AM-8AM? IS it essential? Do they cause any Health Issues? Is there any Alternatives for my pattern?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Ojithi. I work from 10PM till 6AM and sometimes a 16 hour day until 2PM. For one, when you stay up during the night and sleep during the day it is going against our natural state because we aren't normally nocturnal.

I think the best time to sleep is when you feel tired but it is good to keep a routine. I usually go to sleep an hour or 2 after work. I have done nightshift many years and it has not caused any health problems. But it can effect people in different ways. It will help drastically if you eat healthy and take some kind of vitamins such as Vitamin C and Vitamin D3. The main key I think is having a healthy diet and work out a few times a week if you can.

Another thing is it looks like you are only getting 5 and a half hours of sleep. Some people can be ok on that but I usually try to get atleast 7 hours of sleep. On a day I work a 16 hour shift and only get 5 hours of sleep I feel pretty sluggish and tired.

22 hours ago, Ojithi said:

Hello,
I'm Ojith. I'm new to the Forum. I need you guys ideas and explanations on my doubt. I usually work at night. Means about 10PM-3AM. I can and I have an ability to focus my mind exactly on the work I need to do other than day. So, I usually sleep at 3:30 AM & Wake up at about 9AM. It suites my day to day routine. But, I feel uncomfortable and I actually feels lazy and can't focus on work. But, I need to know about is it okay or not to, "Sleep in the Day & Work at Night". Do I actually need to sleep during 12AM-8AM? IS it essential? Do they cause any Health Issues? Is there any Alternatives for my pattern?

Thanks

Sounds like you're working a part time job as a convenience store. Right? 

Mankind is nocturnal and so you should be able to adjust to the schedule. But there are downsides to what you're doing that are not related to health issues. Don't let yourself get stuck in that sort of work. 

Do you have any particular abilities that would serve you well in a higher paying job?

On 10/10/2020 at 12:39 PM, montgomery said:

Sounds like you're working a part time job as a convenience store. Right? 

Mankind is nocturnal and so you should be able to adjust to the schedule. But there are downsides to what you're doing that are not related to health issues. Don't let yourself get stuck in that sort of work. 

Do you have any particular abilities that would serve you well in a higher paying job?

Monty humans are diurnal not nocturnal. Where in the world are getting your information besides CNN?😆