Science Forums

Ultimate terror, a predator?

alxian

i've wondered for a while now if the best terrorist attack would be to unleash predators on your enemies, man eating carnavores with a taste for human flesh.

such as rabbies in natural water supplies causing massive amounts of animals to become sick and potentially hostile.

what if the first GM animals, poochy or kitty delivered to you at great expense by genetic savings and clone are carriers for a switch. a switch when turned turns them into hostile maneaters?

i've wondered for a while now if the best terrorist attack would be to unleash predators on your enemies, man eating carnavores with a taste for human flesh.

?

Diabolical plan, to say the least, but if they couldn't carry an M-16 on their shoulder, the attack would be rather short lived.

But exactly how does the question of evolution play into this scenario?

if human GM of living beings like animals or biological creatures like rabbies then yes i think it would be a question of evolution

we can't say what will happen after our intervention and if something like rabbies needs to remain latent for a few generations then our GM changes have the oppurtunity to change before being called upon. if they are ever called upon

and what if those animals, or virus mutate in such a way that the trigger is triggered naturally?

scenario

raccoons, their environment is contaminated by terrorist, or the government in order to test the affects of a super rabbies. one whos subtle effects are latent, the animals once contaminated do not appear sick.

weeks, months, generations later the trigger is administered, a catalyst chemical that unleaches the destructive potential of the super rabbies. before the animal is destroyed from within it goes into a rage and attacks anything in its path passing the sickness along.

in humans it does much of the same, for purposes of the dramatic legions of raging 28 days like zombies.

if however a catalyst occurs naturally before trigger time, say a pulp and paper mill dumping chemicals, everything happens early.

if however a catalyst occurs naturally before trigger time, say a pulp and paper mill dumping chemicals, everything happens early.

Yes, I can see your point here alxian. I've also been worried about the constant de-forestation of the Amazon jungle and what latent viruses or microbes they might inadvertently dig up in the process. Along with the chemical polution, who knows what form of evolutionary tricks may be waiting at the doorstep??

such as rabbies in natural water supplies causing massive amounts of animals to become sick and potentially hostile.

Drink the water with dinner, wake up with a big nose and circumcized? I can appreciate the horror of that. Hey git - water is disinfected with persistent chlorine or chloramine. If you want to end America rent a Cessna, buy a few cases of automobile flares, and set the entire southwest ablaze during a Santa Ana wind. You will burn around 250,000 square miles of brush. Then the winter rains come and flash flood everything, followed by massive landslides. We call that "leverage."

The USSR added a genetic segment specifying a buried Schwann cell protein hapten into influenza. Infected animals got the flu and recovered. They then enjoyed autoimmune reaction and demyelinization of white nerve fibers, precipitating massive proximate multiple sclerosis and dementia, then death.

The hapten for cardiac muscle autoimmune destruction is only 14 amino acids long. It's been tested and it works, published in Science without any secruity interdiction. Why are you worried about rabies?