• I read him but didn't understand it
    • I read & understood some/all of his work;I voted my opinion below
    • Opinion #1 no real world utility
    • Opinion #2 occassionall real world utility
    • Opinion #3 substantial utility
    • Opinion#4 yet unrecognized utility
    • I may read/reread Fuller after voting this poll

First and last choices :eek:.

Sorry I didn't start reading last night like I said I would, MEL555 was just too fun to chat with in the What is the true purpose of our life here on Earth thread :rant:.

Anyone who actually followed that little debate knows that was meant in COMPLETE sarcasm :eek:.

Alas, I only know of his work with carbon structure, not of any other works.

___Excellant GAHD! That is one point I have yet to resolve. In the thread Buckminster Fuller, I made a similar statement about Fuller predicting a fourth state of carbon. I didn't remember a specific source for this impression, even though I read Synergetics when it came out & other articles by & about Bucky through the years.

___UncleAl maintained Fuller never discussed chemistry & laid the full credit for Fullerines at the feet of the men who actually first made them. I have since found numerous references to chemistry & physics in the free online copy of Synergetics but nothing yet specifically on carbon. I understand Fuller authored some 28 books, so even if he did specifically mention a fourth form of carbon, it may not come from Synergetics.

___When I started jonesin' on Bucky a few days back, I Googled him of course & I have to say that's a little overwhelming. I have always found the best information is the original source, so finding a free complete copy of this book online delighted me.

___Take your time reading Dark Mind; you have fallen in my web & sudden movements serve only to further entrap you. I intend to ensnare as many good minds here as possible, & rather than eat anyone, I have in mind to discuss some of Fuller's geometry in relation to the new discoveries since his death. :rant:

___Take your time reading Dark Mind; you have fallen in my web & sudden movements serve only to further entrap you. I intend to ensnare as many good minds here as possible, & rather than eat anyone, I have in mind to discuss some of Fuller's geometry in relation to the new discoveries since his death. :rant:
:eek:

...Don't

...Even

...Breathe

:eek:

___On the contrary; you must breathe regularly to allow yourself to swim out. It's much like quick sand in that regard. Relax, breathe fully & evenly, float suppine, & then slowly stroke your way to the edge & out.

___On an operational note, I still have some learning to do in setting up a poll. I should have said multiple choices allowed & I see I screwed up the formatting in the categories. How did I manage to have some come up in itallics? Good grief & oh bother. :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

___Just doing some data mining & I took note that of over 2,000 memebers, we have only 35 votes (because the poll allows more than one choice, the actual number voting is less).

___Bucky is dead, but he won't go away. :hihi: Vote your choice; ghost-bust this guy or enjoy his company. ;) ;)

Addendum: Portal view of poll showing 35 votes, 'view poll' view showing 19 votes.

...we have only 35 votes ...'view poll' view showing 19 votes.
Yes, but through all your posting and promotion, there are now 9 people who are going to read more Bucky that would not have otherwise. And that just the people we know about. I'd say that calls for hearty congratulations to you, Turtle!

Cheers,

Buffy

Yes, but through all your posting and promotion, there are now 9 people who are going to read more Bucky that would not have otherwise. And that just the people we know about. I'd say that calls for hearty congratulations to you, Turtle!

Cheers,

Buffy

Absolutely Buffy, Turtle turned me on to Bucky and I would like to thank him again for doing so. This Fuller guy has opened my thinking up to so many new ideas that seem to have endless opportunity for new exploration built right in. I havn't read all his work yet because there is quite a bit of material to study and I was wearing myself out with it. Once you start reading this guy, it's had to put his work down. For the sake of a needed rest I forced myself to put it down for a while. I intend to get right back after it here in a short while, hopfully I can get clear through the rest of this material then. Ofcourse, once I've read through it all, I'll need to go back and re-read the entire work again to make sure I didn't miss some of his important points. I really enjoy reading this guys work.