Science Forums

2,136 : 229

Dark Mind

Did you know that Hypography has amassed a total of 2,136 members? Did you also know that there are only 229 threads started in the Introductions Forum? (Including the sticky, and a couple of members introducing themselves twice *COUGH* orb *cough* it was orb *COUGH*, nasty cold :rolleyes:... ). That's a pretty dismal number compared to the number of members we have, and yes I know not everyone formally introduces themselves in there, but I just thought it might be a point of interest :naughty:.

We had near 1,000 when we did the upgrade, and started the Introductions Forum, so that explains quite a few. I don't think I've ever done an Intro, and I doubt Tormod has either.

But those are interesting numbers.

I have noticed a few posts in the last few days that were from very new members, and I could tell from their post count that they've never introduced themselves. Hmmm... maybe we should put you in charge in there, DM, and you can make sure everyone does??? :rolleyes:

I'd have to be... an.. ADMIN to do THAT!!

Are you suggesting something here, or are you just toying with my emotions :naughty:.

No you wouldn't. You'd just have to hit the little blue checkmark every day.

Didn't mean to toy with your emotions, DM. You know we love you, but I think you're doing a great job as a Mod. You wouldn't want to be an Admin. It's very boring. All we do that you don't is talk about you in a private forum. :rolleyes:

How???

Threaten to ban them if they don't :rolleyes:?

Lol, why don't we direct them to the Introductions page right after they sign up? Or have them write something about themselves during registration that will be posted in the Introductions forums.

AKI!!!

I haven't been on at the same time as you in ages! It's so good to see you! Well, kinda, you know, thorugh the screen and all.

And yes, you have the right idea. We should have some sort of thing in the registration where the fill out something and it gets posted as their first post. I know that the registration has something suggesting that they post an intro first, but it's not quite the same thing, is it?

I guess it wouldn't be very nice to just neg-rep new people until they introduced themselves, would it? Shame on me for tongue-in-cheek suggesting it. But I thought it would bring a smile to DMs face, so I just said it anyhow... :rolleyes:

If only 7% of the people who come here really become a member of the community, then I don't think that there is a problem with a low percentage of people introducing themselves. Unless, of course, the percentages don't overlap, or overlap very little.

If only 7% of the people who come here really become a member of the community, then I don't think that there is a problem with a low percentage of people introducing themselves. Unless, of course, the percentages don't overlap, or overlap very little.
:rant:

...I didn't really think it was a problem, I just thought it would be nice if more people introduced themselves. The number of "updated topics" from the Introductions Forum is dismal and nearly non-existent :eek:, just thought more people could introduce themselves :).