Science Forums

Mental Patients

ProfessorX

I just recently saw the movie The Butterfly Effect, I would like to say that movie is awesome. If you havnt see it yet, go see it. Besides the unexplaniable fact that he is able to change the past the movie is good. Anyway, i was thinking... Do any of you actually think that some Mental Patients are actually telling the truth is just that we havnt experience what they went through yet to believe them? I can say that i am not as smart as many of you guys on this forum but i am hangin on trying to comprehend what is being said i have just recently been getting into all this out of the box thinking. Please post any stories read about mental patients experiencing things or whatever i am just trying to start yet another amazing post for people to expand upon.

I must say you have an interesting idea here ProfessorX... I guess it is possible...but when you say mental patients, who do you mean? I have not seen the Butterfly Effect yet, I have read the reviews and they say it sucks, but i will still see it...so maybe you can help me start this convo, by simple telling more...Are you aiming at evolution? Or simply saying that we as a race are going nuts?

OPENMINDFIVE

• 5 months later...

I will assume that by mental patient you mean someone who modern medicine deems insane, Professor X. I once read in a book on lycanthropy (the belief that humans can become animals) that a woman in China had lived like a cat since she was a girl. She bathe, eat, and sleep like a cat. She didn't even speak. The only thing close to communication was incoherent hisses and meows. Just something to think about I guess...

lol...gotta love the avatar panda...

anyway, on topic. I haven't seen the butterfly effect however, it looks very odd/good. Just look at the Terminator movies, they didn't believe that there really was a machine coming to kill her, so they said she was insane...