Science Forums

Fear Not, For I Have Arrived!

Pathogen

Hello everyone, I'm just 16, so it's quite likely that you'll all be considerably more intelligent and knowledgeable than me, though I've decided to join anyway :eek:

Go easy on me, I'm trying to expand my knowledge beyond the simplistic teachings of High School Science, and prepare myself for the eventual difficulties of A-Levels beginning in September...

I've had a look around, seems like a pretty good forum.

Well... howdy! :eek:

Hello everyone, I'm just 16, so it's quite likely that you'll all be considerably more intelligent and knowledgeable than me, :eek:

Not necessarily so Pathogen, you will find all levels of intelligence displayed here at Hypography. BTW, that is an unusual name you have chosen, hope your not contagious. At any rate, welcome to Hypography, enjoy............................

lol.

Welcome, Pathogen. Out of curiosity, why did you choose your name? Is it a subject that interests you? And, I have to agree with infamous - although he is one of the more highly-intelligent people here, you will find a lot of diversity in that department....

lol.

And, I have to agree with infamous - although he is one of the more highly-intelligent people here, QUOTE]

Thanks for the comment niviene but I'll need to adjust that point of view somewhat. I don't consider myself to be especially intelligent. eventhough I do have specific interests that occupy much of my time. That is really all that is necessary for anyone, and I repeat, anyone to find a degree of success with regard to their particular interests. Dedication is much more important than intelligence. The truth is, I am very jealous of the intellect displayed by may members of this forum and wish to high heaven that I could have been so gifted. Sadly, I must admit that any knowledge I've acquired over the years has come with great difficulty and hard work. We have a few younger members here at Hypography that completely astound me with the knowledge they have acquired in their short but active lives. In any case, I appreciate the vote of confidence. Thanks again..................

Oh, don't be so modest. :) I also am constantly amazed at the level of knowledge here by some of the posters, but knowledge comes with years of work, and I think it is separate from the ability to comprehend. Because you are open minded I feel that allows you to understand more than many others. We have diversity in that realm, too, here... from the extremely open minded, to the extreme opposite, regardless of how much we know about certain topics. I find that those who are open minded, no matter what their opinion on things, are the ones it's fun to read and respond to.

lol.

Welcome, Pathogen. Out of curiosity, why did you choose your name? Is it a subject that interests you? And, I have to agree with infamous - although he is one of the more highly-intelligent people here, you will find a lot of diversity in that department....

There's no specific reason why I chose this name, I just thought I'd go for something Scientific! And I suppose it is an interesting topic, though I'm no more interested in it than anything else, so it certainly wasn't chosen as it's a particular favourite field of interest for me... :)

And thanks for all the welcomes I've recieved, much appreciated.