Science Forums

I'm new!

Mickey

Hello. I'm Mickey, or at least that is what I shall be known. I am a 17 year old growing scientist/philosopher.

I live near the United States' top laboratory where both my father and brother are physicists. I've grown up in the astrophysics world and know more about the stars and the universe than I should ever hope to, but still never quite enough. Cosmology, especially fascinates me. All that dark matter and energy. It gives a bit of unlikely mystery a wholly scientific world.

Mostly I joined this forum because of the Religion/Theology area. That especially interests me, because I am in the process of finding the balance between science and spirituality. It's hard in a town such as this, where you find the top physicists and biologists are also conservative creationists. As a highschooler, I suppose this utter internal confusion is somewhat normal.

So, I am young and female, unlike most of the rest of the forum, I imagine. Be gentle! :)

Welcome, Mickey!

Help me out here - which town? That would help put the rest of your post in context a bit.

Other than that, we are most happy to have you here. As you'll soon see, we have a bit of something for everyone. I'm sure that you'll find a place very easily.

And you're singing the right tune when you say Cosmology. The site creator/owner/Fearless Leader happens to love that as well. He'll be happy to see another interested person join the ranks... :)

Science and religion are orthogonal. Science is empirical observation validating or falsifying self-consistent mathematical models. Religion is faith, and observed contradiction therein is a test of faith. Keep science and religion disjoint or you will be destroyed.

http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/fleas.htm

canada(canada(canada(canada...)))(science)= religion

:) welcome

i guess the honest thing i could say to a budding philosopher/scientist is to be objective and fallow the truth

a good philosophy is based on the truth. science gives us good data(facts in nature).

if u seek the truth then u will not have any problems with religion or science or philosophy because they all will be saying the same thing. :D