Science Forums

Can the existence of "God" be tested? perhaps..but that depends on your def. of "God"

prattymcpratt

• 11 months later...
What changed us from ordinary animals into human beings that created the society we now live in?

First off, wow. It's like you read my mind, but 3 chapters ahead of what I've wrote. So I'm thankful that you posted this, and that I read it.

The answer to that question possibly lies in the book I'm about to crack open. I bought it for personal reasons, and to better understand the author. I guess one in the same, but very different in my mind. More info in my pm box, just ask. I'm tired of posting in.

Now, could I mistake your thoughts of pure thoughts as instinct? See-go-do, instead of, see-think-go-do, or see-think-go-think-do. With every think you add, the greater the possibility of not continuing. Whether it be the going, doing, or seeing.

I used to see this kind of thought process all the time back in my high school days. This group of kids usually arrived on a shorter bus, and given the opportunity would see-go-do. Regardless of their own safty, their personna, or their mental capiblity. Unless told otherwise by someone to think for them.

Hold up, I see life how ever it hay come, as being god or the devil.

If god and the devil is always around you, and life is always around you. Isn't it safe to say god and the devil IS life.

Also, if the love of god is mutual, shouldn't it be the same with all life.

Opposite being if the hate of the devil is mutual, shouldn't it be the same with all life. Do unto life?

Studies by the psychologist Carl Jung demonstrated that culture, with no proven direct or indirect contact with each other, were able to develope very similar mythology.The names may be different but the basic structure and organization is very similar. What this suggested to him was that there are parts of human brain and/or human psyche that are similar in all humans. These unconscious factors project some of their content into reality to become conscious to our egos. Some key person remembers their visions and dreams, records and recites these as stories. These mythology stories last because they hit a resonance chord, in others, since such stories express the working of the same unconscious phenomena. Jung called these factors the archetypes of the collective unconscious.

Religious mythology is very similar but different in the sense that it is an evolving type of mythology. It is mythology that continues to hit a resonance within new generations over hundred or thousands of years. Each generation may change the interpretation from a previous generation but certain things will always remain constant. This seems to indicate the unconscious foundation is the same as it was thousands of years ago, but the unconscious phenomena is evolving with time.

By getting rid of religion one attempts to sever the connection to this deeper side of the human psyche. This severing does not mean that this side of the human personality atrophies and dies, but rather its simply hooks up with contemporary mythology. The whole UFO craze is modern mythology being used to hook people back up with these deeper aspects of the brain. All that is attributed to aliens, like advanced intelligence, etc., reflects a projected understanding of the innate ability within these areas of the brain/psyche that far exceed our normal ego consciousness.

Where God fits into this picture, is that he/she/it, is not something that just reflects higher innate human potential. God also reflects a potential that is evolving our higher human potential toward infinite capacity. In other words, we (human ego) are evolving toward our innate human potential as time goes on, while our innate human potential is evolving toward even higher potential.

We (humans) haven't even begun to tap into higher human potential. Most people are unaware that it even exist, since it is normally conscious as some type of phosophical or mythological projection. Hooking up with this higher human potential would be necessary before one can begin to scientifically address something, like God, since God is tradtionally projected as being even higher in the pecking order of evolution and creation.

All animals have morals they just don't have the ability to communicate these morals between themselves (most don't anyway). The crux of the god problem is language. When a species reaches the capacity for language and the discussion of abstract concepts becomes possible it is the most natural thing to think "well all this is grand and wonderful but why are we here, how did we get here?" at first many things are beyond their comprehension due only to a lack of science so it seems natural to them that there must be something that knows a lot more than they do. god is born!

Why do we still have gods? Well

Big business knows a good idea when it sees one.

Thats my 2 cents worth anyway.

So what you're saying is people think they're smart. So they stay dumb.
That's a fairly astute observation, although it is not limited in its application to believers.... :hihi:

Entropy can be avoided via input from outside the system,

Buffy

Why do we still have gods? Well Big business knows a good idea when it sees one.
Actually, big business has had a hard time benefitting much from religion. Although we've been through an unusual alignment between social and fiscal conservatives recently, over the longer run, religion has been a key source of Unionism, anti-Imperialism, taxes to fund good works, etc.

You might find other excuses, but I don't think there's much evidence to back this concept up. Do you have any counter-evidence, Y?

In addition: does the existence of earthly or human motivation to invent God actually provide evidence against Her existence?

Let's get meta-physical, :hihi:

Buffy