Science Forums

Stange Claim From An Earth And Climate Science Forum Thread

xyz

Moderation note: the first 7 posts of this topic were moved from “Increase In Earth's Temperature, What Is The Reason?”, because they are about a different subject than that thread. They were moved to the Strange Claims forum, because the claims in post #1 are strange, and not backed up by any links or references.

Hello all , please forgive me if this sounds ignorant or naive. 

The Sun is increasing in Energy and getting ''hotter'', so surely the Entropy of everything else within vicinity gains more +E and becomes ''hotter''?

+E/S  where E is energy and S is entropy.

and 

Kmax=hf/S

In analogy 

The Earth's Entropy stays at ''room'' temperature.

Hello all , please forgive me if this sounds ignorant or naive. 

The Sun is increasing in Energy and getting ''hotter'', so surely the Entropy of everything else within vicinity gains more +E and becomes ''hotter''?

+E/S  where E is energy and S is entropy.

and 

Kmax=hf/S

In analogy 

The Earth's Entropy stays at ''room'' temperature.

Yes, it sounds both.

Where do you get Kmax =hf/S from and what do you think it means? 

Edited by exchemist

Yes, it sounds both.

Where do you get Kmax =hf/S from and what do you think it means? 

Where do I get Kmax from?    the internet

=hf/S I devised that because E=hf and S is entropy so I thought it was quite obvious. 

Also what is quite obvious in my opinion is 

S=4/3 pi r³

+E=+(+q)=>4/3 pi r³

I think gases and metal expansion proves this?

added- sorry I didn't explain what it means, it means that any isolated system which is inclusive of a single particle, has an entropy that gain or lose E (energy), these systems also by the rules of thermodynamics share their energies to try to retain equilibrium state, So when the systems gain E from light , the light energy  is shared among the entirety of the entropy of the ''matter'' . Each system has a kinetic energy maximum, but the maximum is increased the greater the mass. 

added- Work is produced when any isolated system is not at equilibrium state rest.

W=+E=+(+q)=>4/3 pi r³ and W=-E=-(+q)=<4/3 pi r³

Edited by xyz

Where do I get Kmax from?    the internet

=hf/S I devised that because E=hf and S is entropy so I thought it was quite obvious. 

Also that is quite obvious in my opinion is 

S=4/3 pi r³

+E=+(+q)=>4/3 pi r³

I think gases and metal expansion proves this?

And what do you think Kmax = hf/S means?

I added why you replied sorry. See added explanation. 

Right:-.

- The formula you give for S is that for the volume of a sphere. So it has units of volume.

- S is generally used to denote entropy, which has units of energy/temperature. Not volume, needless to say. 

- K max is sometimes used to denote the maximum kinetic energy of an electron ejected from a metal in the photoelectric effect, in the expression Kmax= hf - W (or Φ), in which h is Planck's constant, f is the frequency of the incident light and W or Φ is the work function. 

None of this has anything whatsoever to do with the Earth's temperature or that of the sun. 

I conclude from this that you are posting word salad, devoid of meaning and further, I have now formed the hypothesis that you are either a troll or someone needing psychiatric help. 

Either way, I am out.  

Edited by exchemist

None of this has anything whatsoever to do with the Earth's temperature or that of the sun. 

I conclude from this that you are posting word salad, devoid of meaning and further, I have now formed the hypothesis that you are either a troll or someone needing psychiatric help. 

Either way, I am out.  

Yeap, it's pointless to even try.

Right:-.

- The formula you give for S is that for the volume of a sphere. So it has units of volume.

- S is generally used to denote entropy, which has units of energy/temperature. Not volume, needless to say. 

- K max is sometimes used to denote the maximum kinetic energy of an electron ejected from a metal in the photoelectric effect, in the expression Kmax= hf - W (or Φ), in which h is Planck's constant, f is the frequency of the incident light and W or Φ is the work function. 

Either way, I am out.  

I am well aware what the Plank constant is and know what Photo-electrical effect is,  the second part of what I put was psuedo maths, the first part was the proper maths. 

No matter you are welcome to overlook it, it is MY intellectual content and nobody can use my maths and say it is theirs.

Plank [sic]?

Photo-electrical [sic] effect?

psuedo [sic]?

Intellectual content [sic]?

QED. 

I have no idea what that means . 

hf1+hf2=>hf1=E

Two or more photons occupying the same space is equal to energy. 

hf²^  =E