Science Forums

Acceleration relationships

what if there's a relationship between the exceleration of the expansion of the universe and the exceleration of new stuff popping up on earth ie:viruses and technological advances and what if that relationship could be calculated?

Also, I've read it only takes about 4% of the dna strain to make humans and the universe is made up of about 4% matter and the rest dark matter. What if that relationship is significant as well?

Welcome to the forum!

i don't think there is a relationship. and your dna example isn't very strong, as simply we know that the 4% are responsible for alll the processes we know inside us, but what about those we don't know? I'm pretty sure that if we construct a human only with those 4% we wouldn't get what we are used to....

I agree that we wouldn't get a human being as we wouldn't have the same universe without dark matter and energy. What looks like unused portions, whether dna or matter probably has more to do with what we haven't seen yet. But, given the Higgs field, or something like it, once proven will show everything in the universe starts from the same stuff, a relationship must exist and if a relationship must exist then there's probably a way to calculate it. What do you think?

The most direct relationship between our universe and us is that without the universe there would be no human beings. It does not work the other way around, as a universe is not required to have human beings in order to exist (we did not exist for the first 13,699999 billion years or so).

The 4% example are estimates and as such too random to qualify for any correlation.

However, John Barrow makes some interesting observations in several of his books where he compares the size of human beings to the macroscopic and the microscopic and finds that we are pretty well in the middle of the scale. This is a higly subjective estimate, though.