Science Forums

Aquarium I Just Set Up

Moontanman

Very Cool Moontanman!!

I miss my old aquariums.. I'm a liitle more seasoned and knowledgeable now, but an aquarium is a lot of work to do it right.. But very rewarding and relaxing.. Good Feng Shui, or Auspiciousness..

Thanks for sharing.. Maybe I'll be motivated to build and start a new aquarium as well...

Theres a Saltwater aquarium and tank builder not 1 mile away from my house! I may have to pop in and visit.

I have a Cat whom I'm sure would love something like that.

Very Cool Moontanman!!

I miss my old aquariums.. I'm a liitle more seasoned and knowledgeable now, but an aquarium is a lot of work to do it right.. But very rewarding and relaxing.. Good Feng Shui, or Auspiciousness..

Thanks for sharing.. Maybe I'll be motivated to build and start a new aquarium as well...

Theres a Saltwater aquarium and tank builder not 1 mile away from my house! I may have to pop in and visit.

I have a Cat whom I'm sure would love something like that.

I've been keeping fish for 50 years, live coral used to be my specialty, now days I just set up freshwater with native fishes, easy as falling off a log... 

I am a little embarrassed I can't remember which species of chub they are but they are schooling fish, they eat plankton, insects, worms, and like to chew the sand and puff it out through their gills. Basically they are dither fish...  

Still really cool, Moontanman..

My last tank I had was a simple 25 gallon, with a Redtailed Shark as the apex.. Its been about 7 years since I've had a fish tank, but I applaud you for the video's and info and updates..

I have a cat who would love to have a fish tank for entertainment...  Just gotta' commit the bit of time and resources to make it happen. Its more work and expense than it seems. But its very Cathartic, and a worthy addition to any relaxed environment.

Still really cool, Moontanman..

My last tank I had was a simple 25 gallon, with a Redtailed Shark as the apex.. Its been about 7 years since I've had a fish tank, but I applaud you for the video's and info and updates..

I have a cat who would love to have a fish tank for entertainment...  Just gotta' commit the bit of time and resources to make it happen. Its more work and expense than it seems. But its very Cathartic, and a worthy addition to any relaxed environment.

I had a cat that liked to climb up on top of the aquarium and look down at the fish until she jumped up on the octopus tank, she grabbed the cat and quite a battle went on, I had to rescue the cat but she never jumped up on an aquarium again... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently aquired a 225 gallon aquarium, I am trying to decide whether to set it up as is or take it apart and use the glass panels to make a 800 gallon tank. decisions decisions, if I make the bigger tank it will have to go on my carport but the up side is that i can catch several species of neonate sharks here as well as stingrays, skates and bat rays. I'm getting old, maybe the 800 gallon tank is more than I can chew we'll see I'll post videos as I build it..