Science Forums

Headline: Computer Troubles Mar Standardized Testing...

My BF teaches middle school and they're going though the first time Common Core testing this week: I'll probably be posting more later in the week, although I heard grumbling last night.

My daughter took her last high school standardized tests last year, and they were all on paper, and this is going to be the first year with any kind of standardized testing on computers, but they're doing it all at once, with hard deadlines.

I think they could have learned something from the federal healthcare.gov site rollout last year concerning trying to pull off these "big-bang" introductions of technology.

Can you spell "failure assured?"

Computer projects are plagued by big goals in first releases that pretty much assure that they won't work, and take longer to get right. There are too many people to point fingers at in these situations, and usually only the Cassandra's who warn about it not having a snowball's chance in hell of working are the ONLY ones who end up getting punished.

Haste in every business brings failures., :phones: (oooooh check the date on that one.....)

Buffy

There are too many people to point fingers at in these situations, and usually only the Cassandra's who warn about it not having a snowball's chance in hell of working are the ONLY ones who end up getting punished.

That's just how the Peter Principle evolves in a mediocrity Buffy. When your incompetency is never revealed you will still be considered competent and continue to get promoted so your best plan is to remove anybody from your team who is actually competent enough to know that you actually aren't by accusing them of being negative non team players.