Science Forums

Do Numbers Have Power Or Do We Give Them Power?

GoldenArmz

Hey guys was having a convo with a guy online and we were discussing a topic (honestly i forget) but he stated that Numbers dont have any power and me thinking so is dumb (he said it in some not so nice words).

heres the thing if numbers dont have any power what does that make such things as Solfeggio frequencies?

Things like "Five" and "Seven" obviously exist in the real world...

Although it is impossible to extract the "Seven-Ness" out in any meaningful sense except mentally in the abstract.

Irrational, transcendental and imaginary numbers—these are very much harder to demonstrate in the world.

Sure, we can use them to solve real world calculations—but that doesn't prove their "Corporealness".

They could conceivably just be Imaginary Friends that we invoke to help us solve our equations.

Both advanced mathematicians and philosophers are undecided whether the mental construct that we dub "Mathematics" has an independent existence outside the mind of man.

Your tone seems argumentative and were I a Lawyer I'd say that you "Were Assuming Facts Not in Evidence" with your remark about Solfeggio Frequencies.

Do they in fact achieve anything?

Even if they do:

The fact that certain frequencies have certain interesting properties does not prove that "Numbers have Mysterious Powers". It only means that numerical calculation is a handy tool to locate such frequencies.

In fact, there could be as of yet undiscovered frequencies with such properties—undiscovered precisely because they do not fit the Formula.

Numerology is a kind of Mental Masturbation.

Saxon Violence

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...