Science Forums

Neural Network Help Request

Polymath, I have loaded up VS Express C++ and your original files but I probably need copies of your .dat files as all I get is the 'cout << "Continue? <Y/N> "' statement.

I'll have a look at your code/modified code in more detail when I get back from my doctor.

data.dat

000;01
001;01
010;01
011;10
100;01
101;00
110;10
111;10

results.dat is empty.

results.dat is empty.

It looks like a couple of other things are empty too.

I stepped through your original code and the first non fatal error I came up to was with regards to the lastrow and previousrow shared pointers in nuro. Is it ok to just have &) by itself in the nuro public declarations? I changed &) to & previousrow) and it still blew up at the same spot.

The program blows up fatally after the nuro update (via main) although it should be noted that the j counter could not be found in main just before the error occurred. The screen output is the same, the error messages are the same and both errors point to the first memory location.

Any luck on your side?

post-2995-0-41096200-1382005432_thumb.jpg

post-2995-0-66356100-1382005458_thumb.jpg

post-2995-0-81545000-1382005470_thumb.jpg

Edited by LaurieAG

It looks like a couple of other things are empty too.

I stepped through your original code and the first non fatal error I came up to was with regards to the lastrow and previousrow shared pointers in nuro. Is it ok to just have &) by itself in the nuro public declarations? I changed &) to & previousrow) and it still blew up at the same spot.

The program blows up fatally after the nuro update (via main) although it should be noted that the j counter could not be found in main just before the error occurred. The screen output is the same, the error messages are the same and both errors point to the first memory location.

Any luck on your side?

The & shouldn't be giving any problems, as it is just indicating a pass-by-reference instead of a pass-by-value, but I'll take a look. My understanding is that, syntactically, the constructor declaration's parameters should not have identifiers, as the declaration is a forward declaration instead of a full definition, but I suppose I could be in error.

And what did you mean by "It looks like a couple of other things are empty too."? No other files are included in the project.

I was trying to avoid a pun on empty neurons as lastrow, previousrow and j are symbols that were not found.

BTW, do you have the VS 10 Express SP1?

This is a clean install, so I have whichever version of VS10 is most current. I'm fairly certain they don't have service packs, though - just updates/versions.

This is a clean install, so I have whichever version of VS10 is most current. I'm fairly certain they don't have service packs, though - just updates/versions.

You might have an older version or a later version with SP1 combined. I loaded VS 10 C++ (I previously had c# loaded) and a message popped up stating that I had to load SP1 before I could run the program. It was a bit annoying as the original package was only 120mb and SP1 was 480mb plus some windows updates.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=236917

You might have an older version or a later version with SP1 combined. I loaded VS 10 C++ (I previously had c# loaded) and a message popped up stating that I had to load SP1 before I could run the program. It was a bit annoying as the original package was only 120mb and SP1 was 480mb plus some windows updates.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=236917

My version is up-to-date, in that case.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep you up to date Polymath.

I have reloaded all of the original code, can compile with no errors, but I still get the second error in the position that you report in your post #15. I have never been able to get through past the first element and get the initial error as in the op.

Also gdb as suggested by Sanctus is only for linux.