Science Forums

Reform In Education

Our education must make big reform.The aim of reform must be to make geniuses.For me everybody has a talent and potential to be genius but the problem is how to find it.The problem is that pupil can not make proper decision what to learn in higher education.The problem is that good knowledge in nature science do not mean that the pupil will be good if the pupil learn nature science in higher education.Contrary i think that he can make big achievement in humanitarian science even the pupil have no idea of them.Having no idea of humanitarian science will make pupil more critical to what teachers will teach him.I say that pupil make wrong decisions learning what they think they are good at because being little their knowledge is smattering of.For that reason must be made tests with which if the pupil is good in nature science but having no idea of humanitarian science we must direct him toward humanitarian science and vice versa.

I believe that having a Genius Ability would be an enormous plus for the Individual.

Genius, Monomania or even just Extreme Focus can Thoroughly Alienate one from his peers.

This is all to the good, so far as I am concerned.

Whosoever would be an Individual must Necessarily be Alienated and Set Apart.

There are others who don't agree.

But looking at it from a "Societal Perspective"...

If every man, woman and child was highly creative and innovative, iconoclastic, focused and stubborn...

I'm not sure civilization would survive.

{And no, I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing—but most would.}

True, a beginning scholar may not be aware of everything that he needs to study to be well-rounded and well-informed.

On the other hand...

I believe that many of the Humanities and General Studies required today are little but brainwashing.

{A Secular Humanist with a Statest Bent probably wouldn't agree.}

For instance—Studying Pre-Veternary Medicine at Purdue in the mid-70s—I was required to take one semester of Economics.

They taught Keynesian Economics as if it were the only School of Economics extant and as if its key tenants were incontrovertible, self-evident and common sense.

Forever afterward, the successfully indoctrinated will scoff and look down their nose at anyone trying to explain the Chicago, Austrian or General Free Market Economics, quoting a few Keynesian Axioms as if only the Very Naive don't know them.

In a truly Free Society, the only way that I can see around this, is to get the Government Completely out of the Education Business.

{Consider: If the Government had started to supply all the Nation's shoes "Free" since 1830 or so, and I said that the Government should get out of the shoe business...

People would Angrily demand if I expected everyone to go Barefoot.

Now apply the Principle to Education.}

By the way, your syntax be a bit garbled, and I guessed at your meaning several times.

Saxon Violence

Edited by SaxonViolence