Science Forums

Marriage

Queso

Aah the cursed website, quick, stand on the right leg with the left leg pointing back, the left hand pointing in the right direction and right hand pointing straight out, now stick out the tongue and wiggle the tail while licking the nose, aaaaaa (running around the room realizing that i dont have a tail), ok, now i'm cursed with you :hyper:

I really believe that love is a decision that you make of your commitment to another person, be that your friend or your husband/wife...

Aah the cursed website, quick, stand on the right leg with the left leg pointing back, the left hand pointing in the right direction and right hand pointing straight out, now stick out the tongue and wiggle the tail while licking the nose, aaaaaa (running around the room realizing that i dont have a tail), ok, now i'm cursed with you :hyper:

I really believe that love is a decision that you make of your commitment to another person, be that your friend or your husband/wife...

Well said alexander, love has nothing to do with gender, sex, or anticipated reward and everything to do with caring about the wellfare of another.

"Tis a far greater thing to have loved

then to have been loved ".

There are several groups of animals, which have a kind of family loyalty and other marriage related products and biproducts.Social insects reach a pinnacle if we see the real essence of an association in a particular relationship.

I think marriage in a wider sense is a social realtionship and is unique to social beings and the procreation part of it (irrespective of monogamy to polygamy) are the binding consequences.

There are several groups of animals, which have a kind of family loyalty and other marriage related products and biproducts.Social insects reach a pinnacle if we see the real essence of an association in a particular relationship.

I think marriage in a wider sense is a social realtionship and is unique to social beings and the procreation part of it (irrespective of monogamy to polygamy) are the binding consequences.

I'll commend you tarak for this view, I believe your definition is of considerable value.

Love is a decision.

love is absolutely not a decision. attraction and love are evolutionary mechanisms that happen automatically.

and to answer the original thread topic, i don't think humans were meant to get married. we can thank religious nonsense for it.