Science Forums

Chinese Space Junk

Deepwater6

http://www.space.com/19137-china-anti-satellite-launch-test.html

I wouldn't think China would repeat the 2007 incident that caused so much space debris. Although it's not clear what kind of ASAT test our intel-groups are expecting, I would hope China's scientists and leadership have more sense than that.

I think it's overdue for the world body to start some sort of international regulation of space exploration. With up and coming programs from other countries such as Pakistan and India to name a few, updated regulation must be considered.

The world body must also address the explosion of the coming space tourism industry. Typing space legislation into the search engine I found this article by Kunihiko Tatsuzawa concerning it. In it he discusses the "Outer Space Treaty."

Thoughts?

http://www.spacefuture.com/archive/the_regulation_of_commercial_space_activities_by_the_non_governmental_entities_in_space_law.shtml

The world body must also address the explosion of the coming space tourism industry. Typing space legislation into the search engine I found this article by Kunihiko Tatsuzawa concerning it. In it he discusses the "Outer Space Treaty."

Thoughts?

Hi Deewater6,

The alternative is the piecemeal, colonial style approach like Antarctica.

There are boundless minerals in our solar system, even enough to cover the hundreds of trillions of derivatives floating around the system with real value. I bet the global politicians just screw the people once again and have already earmarked this wealth for their elitist mates.