Science Forums

Attemps to preach the giant squid to earth

Queso

http://www.mediapimp.net/jason/jasonlowe-attempts%20to%20preach%20the%20giant%20squid%20to%20earth.mp3

"attemps to preach the giant squid to earth" is a song i made over the past couple of days. i've had a lot of free time.

all of the crazy sounds are from my guitar and all of the fx i use here and there.

what else....hmmmmm oh yeah, i forgot.

the voice in the middle is something i recorded over 6 months ago on my phone. i imported into my song via ANONYMOUS MICROPHONE. it is me, and i'm preaching the giant squid.

basically i've just had a lot of free time and been pretty bored...my goal was to get really deep with the tracks and have a lot going on. more than you know sometimes. :naughty:

___De nada. I couldn't hear the words, but I have considerable hearing loss in the 3,000 to 7,000 Hz range & this is where most consanants lie. :( Of course with the mixing I realize maybe I'm not meant to clearly understand the words. ;)

All in all, a heap of sick noise dude! ;)

yes! that's probably why it's only an attempt.

plus also i ripped it off of a cell phone, didn't sound too good to begin with.

basically all i'm saying on there is that "it all depends on the giant squid"

and to find the giant squid, you have to follow the birds to the dunes.

i recorded the sample at the dunes. ;)

___The simplest way is to use a large button which is any shape but round (if you use round, the disk produces very little sound & most of what you hear comes off the string). I have instruction sheet for building a vesica piscis shaped diable, but I have it packed now at the new place; I'll dig it up for the Gallery when I get settled again.

___Anyway, thread a piece of light string through the button holes & tie the ends to make a loop. Slip fingers of each hand into loop ends, spin the button around a few times to put some twists in the string, then begin alternately pulling & releasing the string. The disk will spin first one way then another.

___Lousy 'splainin' I know, but it's early, my stomach is in a knot, my head is pounding, & my back is spasmodically pinching my sciatic nerve. Isn't life great! ;)

PS I have a photo of one of my vesica piscis shaped disks in post #10 of the thread spinning button on a string; the disk is about 3" on the long axis. Using contrasting colors of strings enhances the visual effects of the twisting strings.

• 2 weeks later...