Science Forums

Could The Universe Be A Wave/particles Emanating From A Greater Source?

DaVince

Is it physically possible that the entire universe and everything in it, in a form of a Wave or Particles, emitted from a source? That the Big Bang wasn't the only creation, but only our universe getting pulsated from a source. And what we see as expansion really could be the Wave (or pulse?) being emitted outwards in a ripple from the source?

Some theories do state that particles and waves could be the same thing, right?

My main point is; could something like this be somewhat plausible according to any laws of physics or quantum mechanics? or is it too in possible to even think about in reality?

'Was the universe born spinning?'

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/46688

"The universe was born spinning and continues to do so around a preferred axis"

The Universe spins around a preferred axis because the Universe is, or the local Universe we exist in is in, a jet; analogous to the polar jet of a black hole.

'Mysterious Cosmic 'Dark Flow' Tracked Deeper into Universe'

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/releases/2010/10-023.html

'The clusters appear to be moving along a line extending from our solar system toward Centaurus/Hydra, but the direction of this motion is less certain. Evidence indicates that the clusters are headed outward along this path, away from Earth, but the team cannot yet rule out the opposite flow. "We detect motion along this axis, but right now our data cannot state as strongly as we'd like whether the clusters are coming or going," Kashlinsky said.'

The clusters are headed along this path because the Universe is, or the local Universe we exist in is in, a jet.

The following is an image analogous of the Universal jet.

http://aether.lbl.gov/image_all.html

The reason for the 'expansion' of the universe is the continual emission of aether into the Universal jet. Three dimensional space associated with the Universe itself is not expanding. What we see in our telescopes is the matter associated with the Universe moving outward and away from the Universal jet emission point. In the image above, '1st Stars' is where the increase in pressure caused by the aether continually being emitted into the Universal jet causes the aether to condense into matter.

The following is an image analogous of the Universe, or the local Universe, we exist in.

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/planetarium/graphics/st_images/BlackHole.jpg

The following is an image analogous of the Universal spin.

http://i.space.com/images/i/612/i02/040817_quasar_illo_02.jpg?1292259454

Dark energy is the change in state of the aether emitted into the Universal jet.

It's not the Big Bang; it's the Big Ongoing.

Moderator Note: mpc755. Your post appears to be repeat of material posted in your own thread. It does not appear to respond to the OPs ideas. Unless you can rapidly show a connection between your arguments and that of the OP I shall remove your post form the thread.

Back to member mode: @DaVince. I'm no cosmologist, so most of anything I say on the topic should be treated cautiously. I thought you introduced an interesting perspective. I think it might prove to be useful as an analogy, but I suspect it does not reflect reality, whatever that is. Hopefully someone better informed than myself (or mpc755) will comment.

IMHO

if you change the idea slightly, where the pulse is time, then i would agree with you, where the ripple is the gravitational mesh of matter in the universe

IMO

i do like your idea though

ripple

magnetic field lines

mushroom shape

tornados/hurricanes

lightning

whirlpools

all these natural occurances resonate larger, and sometimes smaller

if we look at ripple

water

atmoshere

then you take a star ignighting, the ripple effect of light hitting the matter around it

or look at a pulsar, the ripple around that

then at a galaxy, the gamma ray measured in a gamma ray burst across the galaxy

the star inviolved is much brighter than everything around it

then you go universal, or big bang, big ongoing, infinate etc

where in this examle, the ripple could be going on, but the ripple interacts with space-time

in the form of matter, where at certain intervals, matter occurs and others it doesn't

like i said, i like the point of view, the thing is as far as we know

space is homogenous

while matter may be at different densities in space, space itself is the same anywhere you go

( and i have read articles that state otherwise, where in certain areas of space, different isotpes of atoms would be stable,

giving different properties to the potential planets and life in them, )

but lets assume space is homogenous

what then would effect the ripple to make matter occur

usually in the pattern of a ripple, there are rings emmanating from a source, and gradually get larger

in water, it bounces off itself and causes physical waves, larger the farther out it gets

in a star, a ripple could be a solar flare

the ripple of light and the corona of the sun can both be measured

now for a black hole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GX_339-4

this is an interesting view, what kind of ripple would this be

Welcome to hypography, DaVince :)

Is it physically possible that the entire universe and everything in it, in a form of a Wave or Particles, emitted from a source? That the Big Bang wasn't the only creation, but only our universe getting pulsated from a source. And what we see as expansion really could be the Wave (or pulse?) being emitted outwards in a ripple from the source?

This sounds vaguely like M theory, an extension of string theory. These are very speculative, very difficult theories, though, so vagueness around can be especially perilous, so be careful.

Some theories do state that particles and waves could be the same thing, right?

I’m guessing you’re referring to the de Broglie relations. A more conventional statement of them is that “all particles behave both as particles and as waves”, or have “wave-particle duality”. Because wavelength is inversely proportional to momentum, only very small particles, such as electrons, protons, atoms or molecules, not large ones like baseballs, can obviously exhibit wave behavior such as refraction and interference.

As the linked article notes, these theoretical predictions are pretty well-supported by experiments. De Broglie’s ideas are, for all practical purposes, standard in all present day quantum mechanics.

My main point is; could something like this be somewhat plausible according to any laws of physics or quantum mechanics? or is it too in possible to even think about in reality?

I’d say these ideas are pretty well-established in present day, conventional physics. Understanding them, though, takes a lot of work, and badly misunderstanding them is all too easy.

Devince brings up a very interesting point. The photon is an expanding torus shape, what if the Universe is just like that? How do we create a photon, we collide a charged particle's field with another charged particle's field. Maybe our Universe is just very tinny compared to the much larger Universe that created ours.

Craig, this thread is all speculation, but speculation is the fundamental unit of physics.

Edited by Little Bang