Science Forums

Dog And Germs And Dirt

hobbs

Moderation note: Unscientific as some of the ideas in this thread are, it's been moved from the watercooler to the biology forum, because it's mostly about biology, not casual chit-chat

Peace to you today tell you about one of the miracles of the words Muhammad peace be upon him, which had the scientific research of 1431 in which talk about that dog saliva is pure and full of germs harmful if put the dog mouth and tongue in a pot of food can not be cleaned, but seven times the first earth and the other six ordinary cleaning fluid that Alajdl the sincerity of the prophethood of Muhammad, you had a microscope to know it or is it inspired by God and now you Sabine scientific evidence as discovered by modern science and the dog germs and dirt

(From Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him said: The Messenger of Allah may Allah bless him and grant him peace: "purification of the vessel, if any of you been licked by a dog is to wash it seven times" and: is the Messenger of Allah may Allah bless him and grant him peace of killing dogs and then said: "What mind and mind the dogs, "then permits the hunting dog and sheep dog and said:" If a dog licks the vessel let him wash it seven times and rub it eighth in the dirt) dog licks the vessel: If you drink from the tip of his tongue. rub: Any Dkouh.

Scientifically proven that the dog carrier for some serious diseases, as living in the intestine worm called meningococcal out eggs with feces, and when Lick anus with his tongue moves the eggs to it, and Ntql it to the pots and dishes and the hands of his companions, and which enter the stomachs Vomaaúhm, Vtnhal shell eggs and graduated from embryos that leaks into the blood and sputum, and transmitted them to all parts of the body, and especially to the liver because the main refinery in the body ... Then grow in the user enters it and a bag full of children, fetuses, and the water for a net fluid spring. And may grow up to become a bag the size of the baby's head, and called the disease: disease cyst water, and are the symptoms depending on the member who Taatbed it, and what was most serious in the brain or the heart muscle, and did not have surgical treatment can only process ...

And there is a risk of another disease transmitted by the dog and the dog is a disease caused by leaking meat infected with the dog first, and then transmitted it to humans through the saliva of a dog bite, Belhsh wound in the human body ...

The benefits of belonging to the dog, then some people, but these evils become harmful to everyone, so the Prophet peace be upon him and killing dogs, and dog licenses, hunting and plowing and cattle because of the need. At the time of the Prophet may Allah bless him and grant him peace cyst disease is not known, of course, water, and did not know that the origin of dogs, and rabies They were called by the infected dog: the dog vicious.

The modern scientists analyzed the dust of the cemetery to know what the bacteria, and they expect to find a lot of harmful bacteria, and because a lot of people are dying disease infectious germ, but they did not find in the dust impact of these harmful germs harmful ... Fastntjoa so that the soil property killing harmful germs, and not for the danger to spread and has gotten her, and their predecessors the Prophet may Allah bless him and grant him peace to the report of this fact, this hadith

bross- This is a science forum. We have no interest whatsoever in your proselytizing. 1400 year old fairy tales alone do not constitute scientific evidence. A google search of the very specific string "which had the scientific research of 1431 in which talk about that dog saliva is pure and full of germs harmful if put the dog mouth and tongue" turned up 68 exact matches. You are a busy little bee, but your crap is not wanted here. Go bother someone else, or better yet, TEST this crap SCIENTIFICALLY. Take bacterial cultures of a dog's mouth, of your mouth, of a pot of food, of your hand after being licked by a dog, of your hand after one washing after being licked by a dog, etc. Your fairy tales do not constitute evidence. Your spamming is only effective at pissing people off.

bross- This is a science forum. We have no interest whatsoever in your proselytizing. 1400 year old fairy tales alone do not constitute scientific evidence. A google search of the very specific string "which had the scientific research of 1431 in which talk about that dog saliva is pure and full of germs harmful if put the dog mouth and tongue" turned up 68 exact matches. You are a busy little bee, but your crap is not wanted here. Go bother someone else, or better yet, TEST this crap SCIENTIFICALLY. Take bacterial cultures of a dog's mouth, of your mouth, of a pot of food, of your hand after being licked by a dog, of your hand after one washing after being licked by a dog, etc. Your fairy tales do not constitute evidence. Your spamming is only effective at pissing people off.

Im pissed off as well:

Woof on you bross!

I'm not sure if I am getting this correctly so let me tell you what i am understanding you to say.

Dogs saliva spreads disease and no one considered this until allah told muhammad?

I cant make out what he says either,

i think he is using a translator.

Should these guys be spoken to or ignored?

This is an attempt to show the Koran as a scientifically accurate work. Coupled with the fact that it was written before germ theory, it is frequently used as proof of divine inspiration in the writing of the Koran. What it actually shows is a silly fairy tale written by a man or men that doesn't particularly care for dogs, or pigs, or other "unclean" animals.

Better English translations of the verses he is trying to cite are:

“If a dog licks the vessel of any one of you, let him throw away its contents, then wash it seven times.”... “the first time with earth.”

and

"If a person touches a wet impurity, then he must wash whatever of it touched his body, because the impurity has been transmitted to it. But if the impurity is dry, then he does not have to wash the part of the body that came in contact with it, because it is not transmitted to him."

This is all easily found online and is really quite silly, consider this the Islamic version of literal biblical readings used to support creationism. Depending on where you are in the world, the Koran is the primary source for science as well as spirituality, which is disappointing considering the historical contributions to science in the past made by those that called themselves Muslims.

I cant make out what he says either,

i think he is using a translator.

Should these guys be spoken to or ignored?

I wasn't sure but it looks like JMJones has his number... I've seen a lot of this idea that the Koran is full of scientific miracles of revelation, it is the same type of apologetic as we see in Christianity and even Judaism but it seems to be rarer in Judaism. It is also a big thing in Hinduism, and other religious schools of thought.

Very nearly every one of these Scientific revelations is silly once you break it down into what is really being said, sadly just like in Christian fundamentalist sects lies, misrepresentations, and out right fabrications are the standard, not facts or evidence.

i wanted to make sure he was not just misguided and looking for guidance, sometime things are lost in translations, i would hate to think he was really looking to understand and not just making baseless assertions... Missing an opportunity to really show someone how to look who is really looking for the truth would be sad, but most who proclaim to know the truth seldom do...

I have to admit this particular one is new to me, I'll have to ask some of my muslim friends just what this guy is getting at if he doesn't respond further.

I would have to think that by 1431 (if that is date) such knowledge would be wide spread, i would be more impressed if Muhammad had mentioned bacteria or germ theory, rabies was a real problem back then and it wouldn't have taken a rocket scientist to figure out it was spread by animal saliva. The idea of internal parasites and cysts would be interesting if the Koran actually said that but I am doubtful...

i wanted to make sure he was not just misguided and looking for guidance, sometime things are lost in translations, i would hate to think he was really looking to understand and not just making baseless assertions... Missing an opportunity to really show someone how to look who is really looking for the truth would be sad, but most who proclaim to know the truth seldom do...

Noontanman shows empathy?

Is the end near?

(Just kidding)

I'm not sure if I am getting this correctly so let me tell you what i am understanding you to say.

Dogs saliva spreads disease and no one considered this until allah told muhammad?

Thanks to my dear brother Read

First, in order to get rid of the microbe of the saliva of the dog if it fell into the pot should be washed the pot 7 times the first time with earth and the rest of the 6 with water and thus ends the microbe and the scientists discovered a truth the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and the Prophet said that 1400 years ago, then his knowledge that God because he was not there Maikarscop

Secondly, Islam does not forbid the use of the dog in hunting and guard for the planting and cattle

First, in order to get rid of the microbe of the saliva of the dog if it fell into the pot should be washed the pot 7 times the first time with earth and the rest of the 6 with water and thus ends the microbe and the scientists discovered a truth the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and the Prophet said that 1400 years ago, then his knowledge that God because he was not there Maikarscop

Secondly, Islam does not forbid the use of the dog in hunting and guard for the planting and cattle

I honestly do not see your point in this, not only are dogs not anymore dangerous in general than any other animal as far as disease, human saliva is just as bad, it carries disease and parasites as well and a human bite is in some ways worse than dog bite.

Also the idea of cleaning dog saliva in the manner described, no soap, using earth, rinsing several times is not particularly effective, simply telling people to use soap and hot water to keep your hands clean routinely would have been far more effective and made far more sense.

I am not knocking your belief system but such a trivial thing as hand washing with soap routinely is far more effective in preventing disease than concentrating on dogs and the number of times to rinse and repeat for what ever reason.

If you seriously want to show some sort of scientific miracle in your Holy book i would be looking for something of far more significance than some sort of special hygiene concerning dogs. God should be able to show far more effective means of preventing disease, and why concentrate on dogs?

what exactly is you claim? That Allah knew of germs? Muhammed? Seriously, if you are trying to point out early texts providing medical insight, then also show where other cultures were doing the same or not. Please leave out the unnecessary poetry in your posts, as it is considered proselytising and that will NOT be tolerated here. State your claim and back it up, SCIENTIFICALLY

• 2 months later...

I can not touch a dog. I care it very much. There may be many germs in his body. Some of my friends even lie with dogs.

There are, certainly, many germs on the surface of all animals, cats, dogs, and humans, unless they’ve been methodically sterilized, as for a medical procedure. There are about 100,000 microbes per cm2 on human skin. Counting specifically bacteria, humans and similar animals have about 10 times as many cells of bacteria as we do cells containing our own DNA. By mass, these cells make up about 10% of our dry mass. (source: Planet of the Bacteria, 1997 Steven J Gould)

Most germs are harmless, or beneficial, so of less concern than the few that cause disease - pathogens. As many pathogens are effective only on a single species, as a general rule (with many important, specific exceptions), it’s riskier to a human’s health to touch, standing, lying, or in any other posture, another human, than to touch a dog or other non-human animal.

Observing one simple principle can greatly reduce the risk of disease from touching anything: don’t touch you own mouth with your hand after touching anything that has not been washed since being touched without first washing your hands well. Since many pathogens can live for fairly long times on and in inanimate things, such as and especially doors, railings and other public fixtures, this caution must include touching the animate and inanimate.

Cultural and religious prohibitions against the touching of specific animals, people of different races and social class, etc., are not scientifically supported. These prohibitions may have value in cementing social membership identity – for example, helping members of a particular ethnicity or religion to recognize one another in a diverse society, but it’s an error to ascribe biological authority to them. Mukhleshur, as you are a science student, I think it’s very important for you to recognize and avoid this error!

An English language correction: the verb “care” is reflexive, so the sentence “I care it very much” is syntactically incorrect, and confusingly ambiguous. Correct example include: “I care about dogs very much” and “I care about not touching dogs very much”.

• 10 years later...

I'm pretty sure that this post was moved from a different forum as the moderator left a note saying:  "Moderation note: Unscientific as some of the ideas in this thread are, it's been moved from the watercooler to the biology forum because it's mostly about biology, not casual chit-chat." So don't hate on them for having their religious post moved into this biology forum. (Most of you seemed chill 👍, but a few were mocking them. Yes, I made sure to separate mocking their points from mocking them.)

I'm also pretty sure the point that this person was making was that his prophet knew that the germs in dog saliva can't be killed with water and that [only] dirt can kill said germs. Whether that's true or not I have no idea.

I made this post because it seemed like no one was understanding what this guy was saying and instead were taking his point to be wow isn't my prophet amazing he knew that dogs spread diseases 1400 years ago which though not common knowledge was pretty well known during the prophets time which would make the og poster look like an idiot and not just a regular one a religious idiot spreading his idiocy in a scientific forum.

P.S

I came across this forum because my cat smashed my keyboard while the search bar was in use. I don't know the purpose of this forum but it seems to be spreading knowledge about biology which is cool! Keep up the good work and keep on helping and teaching.

P.P.S

For that one snarky poster that thought he was soooo smart while misunderstanding the og poster's words and ridiculing them for posting on this forum which it seems like they didn't even do I hope you take a few more seconds to read before you type.

Hope yall have a blessed day of learning ahead of you.