Science Forums

Dog And Germs And Dirt

hobbs

On 2/9/2012 at 1:11 PM, Moontanman said:

I wasn't sure but it looks like JMJones has his number... I've seen a lot of this idea that the Koran is full of scientific miracles of revelation, it is the same type of apologetic as we see in Christianity and even Judaism but it seems to be rarer in Judaism. It is also a big thing in Hinduism, and other religious schools of thought.

Very nearly every one of these Scientific revelations is silly once you break it down into what is really being said, sadly just like in Christian fundamentalist sects lies, misrepresentations, and out right fabrications are the standard, not facts or evidence.

i wanted to make sure he was not just misguided and looking for guidance, sometime things are lost in translations, i would hate to think he was really looking to understand and not just making baseless assertions... Missing an opportunity to really show someone how to look who is really looking for the truth would be sad, but most who proclaim to know the truth seldom do...

I have to admit this particular one is new to me, I'll have to ask some of my muslim friends just what this guy is getting at if he doesn't respond further.

I would have to think that by 1431 (if that is date) such knowledge would be wide spread, i would be more impressed if Muhammad had mentioned bacteria or germ theory, rabies was a real problem back then and it wouldn't have taken a rocket scientist to figure out it was spread by animal saliva. The idea of internal parasites and cysts would be interesting if the Koran actually said that but I am doubtful...

Since you seem so confident that you can break these "silly revelations" care to address the ones on this site https://rationalreligion.co.uk/9-scientific-miracles-of-the-quran/ , The Qur'an and Modern Science Book by Maurice Bucaille, or frankly and scientific revelation in the Quran. I respect that you might actually want to just dispel things you don't believe in and don't come from a place of disrespect as you said. Care to have a debate on this. Sorry to the forum I know this isn't exactly related to biology.

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2022 at 8:14 PM, BobbyPorzingaz said:

Since you seem so confident that you can break these "silly revelations" care to address the ones on this site https://rationalreligion.co.uk/9-scientific-miracles-of-the-quran/ , The Qur'an and Modern Science Book by Maurice Bucaille, or frankly and scientific revelation in the Quran. I respect that you might actually want to just dispel things you don't believe in and don't come from a place of disrespect as you said. Care to have a debate on this. Sorry to the forum I know this isn't exactly related to biology.

Sure no problem, your source is flawed, I've read it and it nothing but bullshit. I have no respect for the koran, or the christian bible or any other holy book. How's that? Now if you want a real response please challenge me with a single Koranic miracle instead of your disrespectful attempt to "Gish Gallop" me. No religious text i am aware of, and yes this includes the Koran, has any basis in reality. If you think different please feel free to challenge me on this one supposed miracle at a time.