Science Forums

Message From Harry Kroto Re Geoset

I received this as an email from the desk of Harry Kroto (Nobel Laureate, Chem. 1996). Not that he requested it but I thought that Hypography would be the perfect place to post it and I hope it's alright to do so?

The email reads:

The pilot site is at www.geoset.fsu.edu and the gateway site at www.geoset.info. There are participating nodes either already operating or about to start: US(x3) UK(x2) Japan, Croatia, Brazil, Spain and Chile.

http://www.geoset.fsu.edu/GEOSET_TECH/index.html

A geoset node at your institution would be wonderful and would give powerful extra impetus to our efforts to create a globally accessible cache of audio-visual educational material. Please contact me if you can participate, because working together via the Internet promises massive synergies in helping teachers and students wherever they are.

NOTE also that we are now able to upload synchronized video+data recordings from remote sites where individual participants use their own laptop/video camera systems. Click the Tegrity tab at the above URL for more details on this exciting new option which is free to individual contributors at the moment. Hopefully I shall get the support needed to maintain it as a free option. Please contact me for uploading information.

Best wishes

Harry

PS This is a serious effort to help education generally and with this email-shot I am trying to reach all the many friends who have expressed a serious interest in our GEOSET initiative, so please forgive possible multiple receipt of this information and/or it is not of interest.

Harry Kroto

Francis Eppes Professor of Chemistry

Chemistry and Biochemistry Department

The Florida State University

Tallahassee, Florida 32306-4390 USA.

1 850 644 8274

www.kroto.info

www.geoset.info

www.geoset.fsu.edu

www.vega.org.uk