Science Forums

Standard map in matlab

I programmed the standard map in matlab and now my PC at home (where I have no internet at moment) is turning since 20 hours to calculate it with many initial conditions. I f any of you has got time, I would be very thankful if someone could tell me how to speed it up.

The standard map is with in my case x an angle theta (tz means thetazero) and y the impulsion: x[n+1]=x[n]+ y[n] and p[n+1]=p[n]+K*sin(x[n+1]) where [..] means indice.

P.S.: the function you launch is variationcond.m

No I actually need to plot it, but anyway I stick to this code as I got the presentation tomorow (that's why I've been away for a while). A prof told me that a code in matlab is about 200 times slower than if I wrote it in C++ or else, so maybe that's the reason for taking a long time calculating 150000 points.

Anyway, thanks for having looked into it (and I suggest you take just one value of K around 0.75 and then you plot it it is a quite nice figure you obtain-you also have to have a pz in the form of 2*Pi*a with a irrational)-