Science Forums

Balance

Queso

last year as i began to realize my creativity had it's ups and downs in patterns i could not predict and were not the same, i began to think about the ups and downs to everything.

every single thing has balance. the wavelength between the good and the bad may be so long we won't even notice it in a lifetime, or it could be a few second fluctuation. to get technical, even shorter than that.

but what i'm saying is everything is balanced out.

does anybody notice this? because i notice it in every single thing. ;)

I follow you. Creativity comes in ebbs and flows. Right now I find I have a lot of energy to work, but I am not at all creative. When creativity sets in, I might be in a period where I have little energy to get it out. Right now I don't even want to touch my guitar...while at other times it's hard to stay away from it. ;)

last year as i began to realize my creativity had it's ups and downs in patterns i could not predict and were not the same, i began to think about the ups and downs to everything.

every single thing has balance. the wavelength between the good and the bad may be so long we won't even notice it in a lifetime, or it could be a few second fluctuation. to get technical, even shorter than that.

but what i'm saying is everything is balanced out.

does anybody notice this? because i notice it in every single thing. ;)

Absolutely orbsycli; Equilibrium,equilibrium..., can't get along without it.

___I agree on the cycles, however not a net zero universe. I find it a net one universe in which there is never nothing.

___Of key importance is what Orby said, "...in patterns i could not predict " This is what chaos theory is all about in the sense that it clearly demonstrates pattern to randomness, but it's not really developed as a predictive tool.

___We talk about the property of emergence because we see it occuring all the time, but by its very definition it is not a predictive tool.

___What this means for balance, I offer you this. An 800 pound man on a seesaw, near the fulcrum, & a little squirt of a girl all of 30 pounds way out on the end of her side. Balanced. ;)

G'day folks,

Balance, cycles, patterns thereof! Don't we love finding these aspects amidst the phenonema of our everyday lives. Our evolutionary(?) propensity to recognise patterns has got to be all tied up with our curiosity, creativity as the neuroscientists are claiming. Love your example of balance Turtle, wonder who's enjoying the ride more? cheers gub.