Science Forums

Could dragons have existed?

Ayoungnerd

Being an evolutionist doesn't mean that you think a fish could evolve directly into a thinking human, that statement made no sense.

Seeing as how you are such a master deceiver, we can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic here. Please begin indicating your mood in each post you make.

Seeing as how you are such a master deceiver, we can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic here. Please begin indicating your mood in each post you make.

I see that you are one of those people who only find joy in pointing out things about other people. Feel free to point out whatever inconsitencies, poor ideas, spelling mistakes or whatever else you can find bad about me, it doesn't bother me and if you find so much joy in it, who am I to deprive you of joy?

I see that you are one of those people who only find joy in pointing out things about other people.

WHo the hell are you to speak, considering that you lied and baited me. Sorry for pointing out how dishonest you are.

Frankly, you’ve been acting like a dickhead. Let me back that up.

Here is your first post in this thread, post #31, in its entirety.

rockytriton: I saw this show, it was very good. I disagree with the complaints that it was misleading people. They say at many times during the show that dragons aren't real and say "but what if...". Anyone who could be fooled by this would be the same people who were fooled when War of the Worlds was played on the radio and started commiting suicide.

Let’s analyze this a bit.

1) There are NO indications in your post that you were being sarcastic. There are no emoticons (smiley faces, etc.) that indicate you are joking or being sarcastic; there are no indicative words (LOL!, etc.) that indicate you are joking or being sarcastic.

2) There were no objective facts in your post: you were expressing personal opinions– “I saw this show, it was very good. I disagree…”.

In the absence of any indications that you were being sarcastic, and with no way for someone reading your words to validate what your actual personal position is, and in order not to assume the worst of you, readers have to conclude that you are being honest in what you said.

No we see that you lied.

Is there more? Yes.

Was there any motive in your lying? Apparently there was: you chose me as a target and then attempted to bait me.

3) You intentionally directed your post at me, and in a manner that indicated I was wrong. To make sure I just used the Search function to check and the only mention of the word “misleading” or “misled” was my original post:

TeleMad: The show had nothing going for it but some neat special effects. And it was misleading.

And again, your first post said:

rockytriton: I disagree with the complaints that it was misleading people.

An obvious reference to my statement – and not any one else’s - about the show being misleading.

And not only did you reference what I said, in your lie, you also intentionally disagreed with my statements: which you had no basis to do, according to what you now say.

TeleMad: The show had nothing going for it but some neat special effects.

rockytriton: I saw this show, it was very good.

and

TeleMad: The show … was misleading.

rockytriton: I disagree with the complaints that it was misleading people.

Is there more? Yep. You STUCK TO YOUR LIE.

rockytriton: We'll have to agree to disagree.

See! Instead of a “Nah, I was just goofing” you stuck to your lie.

So let’s sum up a bit.

1) You intentionally baited me by addressing my statements and saying you disagreed with what I said, even though you now say you had no basis for disagreeing with me.

2) In your baiting of me, you lied.

3) You stuck to your lie.

I call what you did acting like a dickhead. Sorry, I don’t know a more accurate term for your actions. If anyone knows a more accurate term for the dickheadish way rockytriton has acted just let me know and I'll start using it.

Am I the one who started off lying? Nope, that was you.

Am I the one who chose a target and then baited him? Nope, that was you.

Am I the one who stuck to the lie? Nope, that was you.

All I did “wrong” before this blew up was believe your lies about what you said your personal opinions were and fall into your deliberate trap. My bad. Now I know you are a liar and a low life ... now I know better than to believe anything you say.

Still being a jerk I see.

All I did “wrong” before this blew up was believe your lies about what you said your personal opinions were and fall into your deliberate trap. My bad. Now I know you are a liar and a low life ... now I know better than to believe anything you say.

anyway, back to the subject at hand... I do think dragons could have existed, but I think that the white ones were Neutral Good alignment and the green ones were Chaotic Evil. I'm not sure that they breathed fire, but I know that the Red ones could cast up to 4th level wizard spells and the Blue ones could cast 6th level cleric spells.

anyway, back to the subject at hand... I do think dragons could have existed, but I think that the white ones were Neutral Good alignment and the green ones were Chaotic Evil. I'm not sure that they breathed fire, but I know that the Red ones could cast up to 4th level wizard spells and the Blue ones could cast 6th level cleric spells.

Is that a lie? Are you baiting someone? Can't tell with you, seeing as how much of a liar and a lowlife you are.

Actually, if I had to guess, I'd guess that it's your pathetic attempt to save face after the fact. To make a post that is sarcastic but that doesn't have any emoticons or phrase indications that it is in order to "back demonstrate" that your original was sarcastic. Doesn't work. Too bad.

TeleMad: Is that a lie? Are you baiting someone? Can't tell with you, seeing as how much of a liar and a lowlife you are.

rockytriton: You sound just like my step-father... Ray? Is that you??

Judging from your actions in this thread, my guess is that a lot of people describe you as a liar and lowlife. How could you possibly narrow down to just one? :-)

Fellas... just a show about dragons. Have a beer and call it.

TM- There's more then one way to bait people...

Rocky- Let it go...

I started a thread on how easy it is to misinterprit people in a text based forum due to poor communication of emotions (sarcasm, etc.) Interestingly, I started it before reading the recent posts on this thread :circle: But I think this might apply.